Sally's mantis thread start 05/13

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first gen female Orchid molted to adult today ! her sister isn't there yet. Hopefully my male can wait for a few weeks before getting to old to mate Mated 3rd T elegans female today :) Now all are mated. This is the prettiest coloring on a female creo that I have had....Now I have the 2 males and her that are all adults. + many other gens lol.

So cool, great work with theo once again sally. My female is still sub and the three males have been adult for well over 3 weeks, I don't think any will make it but my fingers are crossed too. Will definitely look foward to more of those, and that creo.. looks like a theo with the pink!

So cool, great work with theo once again sally. My female is still sub and the three males have been adult for well over 3 weeks, I don't think any will make it but my fingers are crossed too. Will definitely look foward to more of those, and that creo.. looks like a theo with the pink!
iI think you will have a shot at breeding. My males were adult 11/20 . So hopefully yours will make it :)

My poor lonely male heterochaeta :) Trying to mate the 3rd Rhombo female...She did let him jump on... after her temper tantrum,lol

Sounds like your post mean your lonely male Het tried to mate your female Rhombo? Poor guy! He needs his own girl! Doesn't anyone reading this have a girl for him?

Sounds like your post mean your lonely male Het tried to mate your female Rhombo? Poor guy! He needs his own girl! Doesn't anyone reading this have a girl for him?
Lol, no. Sorry I wasn't very articulate. My Rhombo male and female, Not the heterochaeta. He does need a mate though :(

here is the 3rd Female Rhombodera valida mating. All 3 of my girls mated with the same male. The other males would not mate. So weird.... My Theopropus are not elegans, they are rubrobrunneus....Just found out thanks to ghostyeah and chinesis. There is a thread on the forum now about id for Theopropus .girls have all mated with the same male. The other males won't mate, same as the Rhombo males. Orange underwings... Also my Heterochaeta is not orientalis according to Mike Panzerella...He is strachanii :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad day :'( Both orchid girls who molted to adult in July were put outside today. ( It is -3) They were both unresponsive. it was time. On a lighter note, the 1st gen Theopropus female finally laid her ooth yesterday :) Cycle of life....

Latest posts