Sally's mantis thread start 05/13

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I am really glad I am conditioned NOT to swat anything on me that feels like a fruitfly...I was on the computer and felt a tickle on my eyebrow. I took off my glasses and there was an L1 nymph on them,lol. It must have been on my head for a while today cause it has been an hour or so since I was in the bug room. I put him away safe and sound :)

Hahahahaha Thats funny Sally, He's lucky youre predisposed to looking before swatting haha

hestiasula hatch. They are so tiny. only 5 so far... Devils flowers are getting bigger :) Violins ]
GetAttachmentaspxviolin1_zps0ca2063a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Texas unicorn still mating (they started last night) My 1st gen Orchid girl mated on Wednesday and laid her ooth on Thursday. Maybe it will hatch.....

Some random pics...Pseudempusa pinnapavonis ( peacock mantis) L2 1st housefly for the Rhombodera valida L2 One of my very favorite mantids Ceratomantis sp female Hestiasula sp L2 Heterochaeta sp L2 Deroplatys lobata L (I lost count)

1st Phyllovates chlorophaea ooth laid :D 2nd generation Blepharopsis mendica hatch :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last female Unicorn molted to adult about 2 weeks after the other two. She is the biggest female. The Sphodromantis gastrica are a nice light green color. AAAnd Another Creobroter hatch lol. The hestiasula are adorable . The Rhombos are eating blue bottles already.

Had another hatch of Rhombodera valida today.http://youtu.be/y1d2dqkRlls%C2 My 1st generation Deroplatys lobata male molted to adult. Found some more ooths.... Had a hatch of miomantis binotata thanks to October Rainne (mine haven't hatched yet) Mated my little old lady 1st gen Hymenopus coronatus again Trying to mate the pseudocreobotra wahlbergii but the males are not responding.

Latest posts