Sally's mantis thread start 05/13

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had another hatch of B mendica. The mortality rate for the R valida is wonderful this time. Only lost a couple so far. Hoping the wahlies mate, he is sitting on her so that is a start.

YES!!! Last year I mated my Stagmomantis Californica. I read that they didn't need a diapause so I tried to hatch the ooths from around Aug to Nov. No dice. Sooo I stuck the other ooths in the fridge. I pulled them out a few weeks ago anddddd Voila!! I am so excited. Only on so far but hopefully more to come :D

Some updates :) The Texas Unicorns hatched The Orchids hatched My second generation :) The H maj just started hatching Idolos are getting huge. There are a bunch of tans and 2 white colored Gongys are so pretty :) Cats are coming along nicely

Last edited by a moderator:
Update for June :) My Gonglus gongylodes male turned adult. Some of the Hymenopus coronatus are turning L2 new hatch of Phyllovates chlorophaea New hatch od Hierodula majuscula Still trying to mate the 1st generation Deroplatys lobatas. The male is very timid :) I can't imagine why.... Mating the Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii 1st adult male Sphodromantis gastrica My favorite along with the shields... ceratomantis sp She is such a little princess lol

This has been a wonderful thread..

What a journey you have taken me on...

and my OCD... is going nuts...LOL

I want at least one of all of them!

Very impressive collection!

Thanks for sharing...

Beautiful colors indeed! :D

20140811_172638_zps4e24e1a6.jpg

Updates... Mated 3rd gen Orchid female with some other bloodline mixed in.Sorry about the blurry picture. I didn't want to disturb them, Also my first time mating Heterochaeta :)

Latest posts