Sally's mantis thread start 05/13

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many species do you currently keep??
Good question lol. I made a list :) Hierodula membranacea- Hierodula majuscula-Phyllovates chlorophaea- Empusa pennata-Idolomantis diabolica-Elmantis-Blepharopsis mendica-Theopropus elegans-Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii- Heterochaeta sp-Prohierodula latticolis-Danuria sp-Sphodromantis gastrica-Haania-Pseudempusa pinnapavonis-Stagmomantis californica-Rhombodera valida-Hymenopus coronatus-Phyllocrania paradoxa-Miomantis binotata-Pseudoharpax virescens-Deroplatys lobata- Deroplatys dessicata-soooo 23? I think.... Oh and Hestiasula major.And Gongylus gongylodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question lol. I made a list :) Hierodula membranacea- Hierodula majuscula-Phyyovates chlorophaea- Empusa pennata-Idolomantis diabolica-Elmantis-Blepharopsis mendica-Theopropus elegans-Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii- Heterochaeta sp-Prohierodula latticolis-Danuria sp-Sphodromantis gastrica-Haania-Pseudempusa pinnapavonis-Stagmomantis californica-Rhombodera valida-Hymenopus coronatus-Phyllocrania paradoxa-Miomantis binotata-Pseudoharpax virescens-Deroplatys lobata- Deroplatys dessicata-soooo 23? I think.... Oh and Hestiasula major.
Haha that's awesome!!

Grats on the ghost and R. valida mating! Fingers crossed my own valida ooth hatches soon.

*Nevermind, the eggs never developed =/

Good question lol. I made a list :) Hierodula membranacea- Hierodula majuscula-Phyyovates chlorophaea- Empusa pennata-Idolomantis diabolica-Elmantis-Blepharopsis mendica-Theopropus elegans-Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii- Heterochaeta sp-Prohierodula latticolis-Danuria sp-Sphodromantis gastrica-Haania-Pseudempusa pinnapavonis-Stagmomantis californica-Rhombodera valida-Hymenopus coronatus-Phyllocrania paradoxa-Miomantis binotata-Pseudoharpax virescens-Deroplatys lobata- Deroplatys dessicata-soooo 23? I think.... Oh and Hestiasula major.
What a list! Great sp

The Deroplaytis lobata finally connected. She ate her first date, this one lived. It is hard to watch out for the males when they sit on the females back for days before connecting. The other sphodromantis californica female mated also.

How did his eye get stabbed?
When he jumped on she grabbed him by the head. I got them apart right away and he jumped right back on. Her claw got him in the eye :( It has stopped oozing and he is mating now. Hopefully no infection will set in.

What he has to go through to insure the next generation... little trooper...

Some updates for November :) Tropidomantis sp Hatch
Tripodimantis020_zps3f7eb36e.jpg
Phyllothelys breve Haania confusa Leptomantella sp Hestiasula sp Poppa spurca Elmantis OOps the first one is Leptomantella the second is Tripidomantis, sorry :S

Havent heard of leptomantis cant wait to see yours mature

Congrats of the tophat mantis lol and tropido is also like a glass mantis.

Is thisa different haania than youve been keeping?

Latest posts