Sally's mantis thread start 05/13

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phyllothelys breve mating :D Hestiasula major mating The first is Deroplatys desiccata molting to adult...

Last edited by a moderator:
sally your doing these species so much justice they couldnt have fell into better hands!

Wish you many more boxers and tophats

Nice photos! And glad to hear of your mating successes. I have a question, how difficult is it to raise and breed Phyllothelys breve? Any specific care requirements? I've tried to find as much info as I can by searching the forums but I was only able to gather small bits of pieces of info - such as they're "difficult" and "require high humidity."

Nice photos! And glad to hear of your mating successes. I have a question, how difficult is it to raise and breed Phyllothelys breve? Any specific care requirements? I've tried to find as much info as I can by searching the forums but I was only able to gather small bits of pieces of info - such as they're "difficult" and "require high humidity."
They didn't seem too hard. They remind me of Ghosts in their care.

They didn't seem too hard. They remind me of Ghosts in their care.
Ghosties on crack! :D
20140608_100722_zps17b5167d.jpg

Lol cant get enough of the tophats

Congrats on prohierodula sally!

How do they compare to hierodula sp?

Lol cant get enough of the tophats

Congrats on prohierodula sally!

How do they compare to hierodula sp?
I think they are very chill compared to my H membrans. They also act like bottom dwellers, hugging the bottom of the container. (At least mine do....)

P icta mating 2nd female. She ate my favorite male grrr. I was right there but she was too quick :( Also mated more T elegans. Also had a small hatch of Orchids.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts