Sally's mantis thread start 05/13

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stuff

Looks like you have a little chaeta army now too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't updated in a bit. I am using phone pics so the quality may not be that great.

I mated the Deroplatys trigonodera.

I hope she will lay her ooth successfully.

I also mated the Hierodula golden. I think Java because of how her ooth looked when she laid it.

The schizocephala bicornis are getting really loooong.

The Elmantis mated.

Continued from above :)

Mated the Hierodula majuscula. This was from a bit ago.

Idolomorpha female, would love to mate but I can't find a male.

This generation of Phyllothelys breve mated successfully, many times. Out of 2 females and tons of ooths, not one hatch. I incubated them the same but no babies.

The Empusa male.

Great pics.... Congrats on all your breeding's... Some really cool mantis there.. Thanks for sharing!

Great thread Sally!

How have you been keeping the S. Bicornis? Do you have enough to breed them? I had no idea they were still in culture.

Do you plan on putting them Empusa through a cool period? I have heard you can do it either way.

How did the D. Trigonodera treat you? They are an absolutely stunning species but if their anything like D. Lobata, they're a huge pain to breed.

Congrats with everything! Especially the Deroplatys. I've failed with both lobata and dessicata.

Wish you were able to find a female for the Idolomorpha. Wish we had more of them in culture.

Great thread Sally!

How have you been keeping the S. Bicornis? Do you have enough to breed them? I had no idea they were still in culture.

Do you plan on putting them Empusa through a cool period? I have heard you can do it either way.

How did the D. Trigonodera treat you? They are an absolutely stunning species but if their anything like D. Lobata, they're a huge pain to breed.
I am keeping the bicornis in a large exo terra. All the sides are covered for climbing and the ceiling is covered with sticks too. I am not going to diapause them. I use a heat lamp on them and I do mist them lightly everyday. I have 3 females and one male. Hopefully all will go well.

The Empusa were already diapaused when I received them so I had it easy so far :)

I was lucky with the Trigonodera. The male I used for mating jumped right on. His brother was flighty and never did mate. They were total opposites :)

The females layed so I am hoping for a hatch soon.

The Schizocephala bicornis can handle blue bottles but I usually use house flies :)

A short update for my collection :)

1. Acontista multicolor adult female.

20160405_132853.jpg

Latest posts