Sarah K's Collection Thread

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. I went out last fall and collected some tall grass. They loved it! I didnt need a cage for them. The tall grass was home to them. They felt safe in it so they didnt wander.

7/12/17: Heterochaeta have Finally Arrived and Spiny Flowers have Mated!

This week has been a particularly exciting week so far at PanTerra Pets, so much so, it is hard to believe it is only Wednesday! 

Yesterday while working remotely, I was able to successfully get my spiny flower male to mount the female, and once the lights went out  (8ish hours later?) He finally made the connection! Here is a pic of the two love birds first getting acquainted. ;P

SpinyMating.png

Secondly, I woke up this morning to a bunch of little cat eyes calmly staring out at my from their little deli cup! The are soooooo adorable! My Heterochaeta babies have finally begun to arrive, after a long and nervous wait on my part! Each ooth that has hatched so far hatches more and more babies than the last! And this morning I had the largest hatch yet, 36! I was so excited! They will go on sale next week once I have enough that have molted to L2 safely, so if this is a species you are interested in, keep an eye out for them!  ;)  

heterohatch.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on the successful mating of your spiny flower mantises and your mantis hatchings. :D Certainly sounds like you had an exciting day! The Heterochaeta are so cute! :D

Very nice and congrats on the successful pairing and hatchlings. :D I've never had much luck with Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii myself. Still trying to figure out how to squeeze in a few Heterochaeta though, I'll keep watch for them on your site. ;)

Very nice and congrats on the successful pairing and hatchlings. :D I've never had much luck with Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii myself. Still trying to figure out how to squeeze in a few Heterochaeta though, I'll keep watch for them on your site. ;)
You really should get at least one, they are really some of the best "pet" species I've had! I don't think I could ever stop keeping this species. ;)

You really should get at least one, they are really some of the best "pet" species I've had! I don't think I could ever stop keeping this species. ;)
Ha, your quite the sales person aren't you. :D I have heard they are that great though, and one reason I want some. ;)

Latest posts