Schizocephala bicornis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm, been a long time since I posted pics!

I now have a lovely adult female. :D The male is a ways behind, probably 2-3 sheds. <_< Never-the-less, the female is simply amazing!

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

Notice the purple on the legs. :)

IMG_0991.jpg

Amazing!

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

They stand very tall!

IMG_0994.jpg

Very long!!

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

Ity-bity wings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome update, Andrew! :D I'm glad they are doing well for you. Love the pics, and I think it's funny how you almost have to take 2 (one of upper half, and one of lower half) to get up close macro shots, hehe. ;) :lol:

So cute...I wish I could see them walk. I'm looking for my first mantids (I'm guessing these are not a first choice or even close) but, seeing all of these diffrent species is making it really tough.

I really like these guys they make me giggle just looking at the pics. Good luck!

I wouldn't recommend the for a beginner. Sadly, my only male isn't looking so good. :( Sure hope I can find another one if he doesn't pull through.

I want to make a video of the female walking to show everybody, its pretty neat. But I need to get the time to do it first. :rolleyes:

Hope you don't mind me posting this here Andrew,

A pic of my late "almost blue" adult female

DSCF4169.jpg

She was mated and laid 2 ootheca one of which hatched 20 nymphs, the other is still incubating, hopefully should have enough for 2nd gen.

I have a spare adult male, which I would send although I don't rate chances of it reaching you with the weather as it is :(

Got an adult male schizo coming from Cosmicbug. :) :) Sure hope he survives the trip. :unsure: I couldn't find a male in the US, so going international was my only option. :rolleyes: At least its somewhat warm here. :)

Couldn't resist from taking this pic today. :lol: She loves to just "hang out" in any position she desires. Reminds me of a mountain goat. :lol: Those crazy long legs are good for something!

Was take through plastic, so sorry for the flash reflection. :rolleyes:

IMG_1098.jpg

1 ft. cube. I wouldn't recommend anything smaller for shedding to adult, but once fully grown, they would handle something a little smaller just fine. ;)

Latest posts