Scorpions In Australia

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred225

Reaction score
Anybody in Australia keep scorpions? I know we are limited to only native species here which sucks.. I was wondering what would be the largest Australian species commonly kept as a pet.

Hello while I'm not a native to your country, I am able to do some digging. Welcome to the forum too
welcome.gif

One of your native pet sellers Kellyville Pets, says the three most common are the Black Rock Scorpion, the Rainforest Scorpion, and the Desert Scorpion. The Flinders Range Scorpion is listed as one of the largest; however it seems to come in at 10cm. The Desert Scorpion (Urodacus yaschenkoi), for males maxes at about 12cm so it appears to be the winner. You can read more at Australian Museum scorpion page too.

Are you planning on capturing them yourself or purchasing? I'm just curious as it seems they can be rather spread out and are in distinct areas, depending on the species.

Thanks for the help.

I will most likely be purchasing them online as I am not sure if any shops here sell Scorpions.

Latest posts