Scorpions

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Keeper

Reaction score
Hey, I have recently aquired a scorpion on a trip to the woods. It was caught in Georgia under a rotting log. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can, but my camera doesn't want to read my memory card right now and I can't get any until I figure out whats wrong. It's only about an inch long and black. The pincers are small but still big enough to grab small prey. I have a cricket in there with it but I was wondering what type of prey works best. Oh and habitat suggestions would be appreciated too. For now I'm just getting some pieces of log, and leaf litter in there.

As with any species of any animal/ insect... whatever... The best thing to do is try to recreate the environment they were found in as closely as possible! (obviously without the natural predators, diseases etc..)

crickets are fine- probably about half its body length is a good size

Thanks for the reply. I was already working on that kind of environment so things should be good. Thanks again for the help.

Latest posts