• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling my extra gongys!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil that was brutal, with the styrofoam and all. :lol: :p

But really that would be really bad if this was a scam.

I'm honestly to embarrist to even tell you. :( Rick, I'm usally extreamely carefull myself. I don't know why i felt the need to take such a risk. I just sent him another PM. Hopefully he will respond?
He was last on here at 1:42 this morning...........

Last edited by a moderator:
He was last on around 1 am because he pm me a tracking number well Im in NY the tracking Number he sent was from sacramento Cal to San Jose Cal. so a fony Num indeed!!!!!! well lets see what happens I think it might be that same person who was doing this a little back when all those people got scammed Chris :angry:

I need everyone who sent this person money to let me know the total and the method you used to pay. Also need any information you may have on this person as well. Save all PM's, emails, and any other communication.

IndyColts: you have 24 hours in which to contact those who sent you money and give them a status. If after that time you have not contacted them further action will be taken which could possibly include contacting of law enforcement in your home town. I highly suggest if you have no intention of sending the purchased items that you refund the money.

i NEARLY fell for it, but thought better of it after carefully re-reading his original posts. WAY too vague with his details (or lack there of). not to mention trying to get rid of two of the most hyped/sought after species on the market. anyhow, he offered me $80 shipped for 6 idolo's and just for kicks i low-balled him and asked if he'd accept $70 shipped. he INSTANTLY agreed, which only raised further suspicions. when asked if he had an ebay account so that i may verify paypal transactions and ebay feedback, he responded with:

"Hi travis,

no ebay, but i can give you my address.

he also gave me this address to his paypal:

i really hope you guys get your money back, as it seems this dude wont be coming back here. i truly hope im wrong though.

travis

ps. if youre wondering who i am, my apologies. i'll post in the intro section in a bit.

brian, just a suggestion- i think its best if you quickly delete that part about the "mailing," as he may read it and do just that to cover his own ######.

Hey guys...

I just started reading this thread....what a drag.

As far as going after him with the law enforcement, though...

Aren't the species here non-native, and technically dis-allowed?

Wouldn't be like telling the cops that you gave someone $200, but the gave you 2 oz. of Oregano?

Man, I hope this guys just got side tracked, and comes through for you all in the end.

Perhaps in order to be able to sell, prospective sellers unknown to members should have to post a photo of themselves holding their driver's license and the for sale mantis, standing in front of a sign that says I want to sell you mantids. Just a thought.

Hey guys...I just started reading this thread....what a drag.

As far as going after him with the law enforcement, though...

Aren't the species here non-native, and technically dis-allowed?

Wouldn't be like telling the cops that you gave someone $200, but the gave you 2 oz. of Oregano?
I've said this to people when villosa was scamming plus scams happen in the reptile world, arachnid world, etc and most of the people that do call the police rarely get a response.

Also with the name I've checked public records and cannot find anyone with that name in that city or address (I can't even find the address in that state!) so I am inclined to believe this is a scammer. Could one of the admins send me his IP so I can find out where he DOES live?

The first two photos he posted were taken on 4/11/2008 and 4/15/2008. The third one he supposedly took "by flashlight" doesn't even have all EXIF data... no date, time, camera used, etc. I suspect the first two pictures are likely someone elses he found on the Net. They obviously are not of his current stock (if any).

The first two photos he posted were taken on 4/11/2008 and 4/15/2008. The third one he supposedly took "by flashlight" doesn't even have all EXIF data... no date, time, camera used, etc. I suspect the first two pictures are likely someone elses he found on the Net. They obviously are not of his current stock (if any).
Just checked and Kat is right funny thing is I think I've seen those photos before.

It is possible it could be into felony status. Still waiting on some to tell me how much they spent. Feel free to PM me if you don't want it out in the open.

then its official, its a scam. this crook no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I looked up the address on yahoo and its a yoga class. I can't believe I fell for this :/

Kripalu Yoga Foundation Inc

(317) 255-1914

1802 E 46th St, Indianapolis, IN 46205

I looked up the address on yahoo and its a yoga class. I can't believe I fell for this :/Kripalu Yoga Foundation Inc

(317) 255-1914

1802 E 46th St, Indianapolis, IN 46205
ROFL

This address is slightly different however well the area code is anyways.

Latest posts