sexing popa spurca crassa

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjorsa

Reaction score
I would like some help to sexing my popa spurca crassa I have 4 I did lose one this night to a big cricket :-( I will never leave any ckrickets in the cage anymore

So of the 4 left there is 3 that look like females they are a bit bigger and rounder so I take the one that I think is a female

1marspopahona.jpg

And here a photo of the behind

1marspopahonabakdel.jpg

And here the the only male if Im right ?

1marspopahane.jpg

And his behind

1marspopahanebakdel.jpg

So do I have a female and a male ?

Kindly Bjorsa

my guess is male..but im not a pro so dont listen to me..but man are they cool or what..i would love to own a few pairs of these..your very lucky..these are very rare.1 day i hope to get these..after seeing pics i want them mroe and more..i was promised a pair then i was let down,i want them even more now. :lol:

Hi

Popa isn't rare. Very easy to keep and breed! A no-problem-mantid.

regards

HiPopa isn't rare. Very easy to keep and breed! A no-problem-mantid.

regards
if it isnt rare find me somone that can ship 2 pairs to the uk..i have tryed..i cant get them..so in my book..there rare :lol: at the min any way. :p

b jorsa4 - what surface is your mantid on..i like the reflection in it..what flash u sing and camera?

if it isnt rare find me somone that can ship 2 pairs to the uk..i have tryed..i cant get them..so in my book..there rare at the min any way.
Ok, I see, you are right. But we have them in stock for several years in germany and they do not vanish. We now have a second miniature-Popa in stock which is not IDed yet. Maybe it is no Popa, but something similar.

regards,

tier

Ok so they are males :-(

I take all of them and number them and maybe you will do the sexing of all them and also tell me how to sex them ?

nr 1

1marspopanr1.jpg

nr 2

1marspopanr2.jpg

nr 3

1marspopanr3.jpg

nr 4

1marspopanr4.jpg

Kindly bjorsa

b jorsa4 - what surface is your mantid on..i like the reflection in it..what flash u sing and camera?
I use glossy photopaper its much cheaper than a studio :) I use a pentax af fgz 360 flash and in wireless mode

and the camera is a pentax k10d and the lens is a pentax smc-dfa 100 1:2,8 macro

If you want you can look here http://www.eyefetch.com/profile.aspx?user=bjorsa and goto all images and there you will find some mantis photos where I sometimes use different surface and bakgrounds .

Kindly bjorsa

Mhh, I guess you do not want to hear it, but all are males.

How to determine sex in this species:

1. number of segments of the Abdomen (like every other species)

2. lobes on the back of the abdomen (different in males and females)

3. antennae (males got bigger ones)

regards

Mhh, I guess you do not want to hear it, but all are males.How to determine sex in this species:

1. number of segments of the Abdomen (like every other species)

2. lobes on the back of the abdomen (different in males and females)

3. antennae (males got bigger ones)

regards
Thanks :-( I have to see now if I can find some famale for my guys

Kindly bjorsa

i thought number 4 was female..just shows how much i know :lol: <_<

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts