• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Shield mantis nymphs for sale.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikhailsDinos

Reaction score
Rhombodera basalis

Okay, one of the oothecas hatched! :blink: I'm a little overwhelmed, but very excited! I have a favor to ask, does anyone have some fruit flies for me? I dont have the amount to sub-stain all my nymphs. I also had some other species hatch out today.

So I'm willing to do trades, I have lots of blue and house fly maggots and will send Blue bottle or house flies maggots or pupae twice to for no charge for whoever sends me fruit flies.? Or I'm also willing to do trades for the nymphs that just hatched.

I'm selling them for $5 each, USA only! ;)

2494202223_a47100c052_o.jpg

2495022738_5309e7ac0d_o.jpg

2494203977_62b3abcaaa_o.jpg

2494204821_47d591053d_o.jpg

2495025620_d6272dbd2b_o.jpg

Thanks again

Mikhail

Last edited by a moderator:
really cool hatching photos! it looks like a real party in there.

I have lots of fruit flies. I have so much that I just let them loose outside to prevent overpopulation. Will these nymphs take on hydei? My mantises can't keep up with the rate that the flies are reproducing.

I have lots of fruit flies. I have so much that I just let them loose outside to prevent overpopulation. Will these nymphs take on hydei? My mantises can't keep up with the rate that the flies are reproducing.
Not a bad thing ;) , Rhombodera should be able to take Drosophila hydei

Hi, I've got some wingless D. Melanogaster fruit flies. It's an old culture that I've had since 4/11, but there's still plenty to at least start a new culture if you want them, or I could do it for you in a 20 oz. water bottle. My mantises are growing out of fruit flies. Heh.

It's a deal, What would you like? The flies or the mantis for the trade? I can maybe to both? :)

Thanks again

Mikhail

Edit:

Yes, I fed my first nymphs Drosophila hydei, and they took to that nicely.

Okay, sound great, i'll take them. ;) What would you like for the trade?

Thanks again

Mikhail

Hi, I've got some wingless D. Melanogaster fruit flies. It's an old culture that I've had since 4/11, but there's still plenty to at least start a new culture if you want them, or I could do it for you in a 20 oz. water bottle. My mantises are growing out of fruit flies. Heh.

It's a deal, What would you like? The flies or the mantis for the trade? I can maybe to both? :) Thanks again

Mikhail

Edit:

Yes, I fed my first nymphs Drosophila hydei, and they took to that nicely.
Well, we can hold that off sending me stuff for now. I don't have mantises that'll take blue bottles (yet) and if I get mantises, I'd only want to get lots of them. You can return the favor at a later time. By the way, PM me with your email address. :)

My friend you have a PM! :)

Well, we can hold that off sending me stuff for now. I don't have mantises that'll take blue bottles (yet) and if I get mantises, I'd only want to get lots of them. You can return the favor at a later time. By the way, PM me with your email address. :)

Latest posts