Show Us Your Enclosures and Houses

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the original habitat I made for my mantis Susanna - and measures roughly 35" x 11" x 10". As I caught her wild in near freezing weather I had to hurry and build it while she waited. This is a image of her being released into it for the first time. Made using only lumber, staples, and plastic screen mesh.

susanna-habitat-old.jpg

Here is my current habitat for Susanna, and you can see the ooths I'm incubating in 2 quart containers. The small deli cup on top is my Springtail culture. Susanna's habitat is a Sterilite Show Offs (File Folder) 15 1/4" x 9 3/4" x 11 1/2". I've also upgraded to a 24" fluorescent light mounted with a cover plate and reflective foil, a large 18" tall background running 4 feet+., and two digital thermometers with hydrometers (the 2nd is on the far right).

Due to winter and the house heater, humidity is low. So I mist her habitat daily and keep the substrate of Plantation Soil (coco fiber) moist. The ooths I keep a coffee filter on the screen lids to help hold humidity and regulate heat.

susanna-habitat1.jpg

susanna-habitat2.jpg

susanna-habitat3.jpg

My feeder setup. The crickets are kept in a tall 35 gallon aquarium, with self watering bottles, and container of soil for egg laying. The fruit flies are kept in 32 ounce containers, and I have three varieties - Drosophila Hydei, Drosophila Melanogaster, and Turkish Gliders.

susanna-habitat4.jpg

susanna-habitat5.jpg

susanna-habitat6.jpg

I like the reptibreeze cages. They're expensive but I got 2 at Petco on clearance $20 a piece. The big bush died in my cave ...not enuff sun..so I added fake leaf garland at different levels

7GrdWRBlv5AIWEMUs0xEcpKNRFxV6dRWlhSVr67M9zULXYMjk2zdUA==.jpg

Latest posts