SNORKELING IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitkat39

Reaction score
One of those times where I just wanted to get away from the crazy party lifestyle.. so I took a few random trips to the ocean and came up with this footage. :)

You won't find Precarious-ish quality video.. but I thought it was still fun. Wanted to take advantage of the warm weather here before it gets too cold.

ENJOY!

PS - If there are any ocean goers/free divers here in the Southern California area who would be interested in meeting up to dive at random places, I'd totally be up for that. =)

Is that Laguna Beach? I LOVE that place. :wub:

Great video and I love the soundtrack. Sounds like something from Buddah Bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!!! Just please just don't dive where there's seals bud, Lol. Wait is that a white shark behind you? :D

Your so lucky to get to do that, I envy you! Went snorkeling by a reef in Key West a few years back and I'll never forget the rush it gave me, I had a 5 foot Barracuda 6 feet in front of me for a good long time, it just sat there blocking a channel into the reef and stared at me, I wasn't afraid but I did make a fist so he wouldn't get my fingers, plus I did get to see a 8-9 foot shark(unknown species) just 20-25 feet behind him in the reef, and swimming back to the boat I could hear and see the parrot fish eating the coral along with the one cuddle fish changing colors right below me, I was blown away as well as hooked for life on ocean diving/snorkeling, some of best fun I ever had the 3 times I did it!

Awesome!!! Just please just don't dive where there's seals bud, Lol. Wait is that a white shark behind you? :D

Your so lucky to get to do that, I envy you! Went snorkeling by a reef in Key West a few years back and I'll never forget the rush it gave me, I had a 5 foot Barracuda 6 feet in front of me for a good long time, it just sat there blocking a channel into the reef and stared at me, I wasn't afraid but I did make a fist so he wouldn't get my fingers, plus I did get to see a 8-9 foot shark(unknown species) just 20-25 feet behind him in the reef, and swimming back to the boat I could hear and see the parrot fish eating the coral along with the one cuddle fish changing colors right below me, I was blown away as well as hooked for life on ocean diving/snorkeling, some of best fun I ever had the 3 times I did it!
I definitely LOVE to snorkel. Unfortunately, I never had cameras when I went to more exotic places. To be honest, I didn't even know how to use one other than a disposable one back then. So most of my pictures were pictures of absolutely nothing, or maybe a flipper.. LOL.

Yeah me too, I had a cheap under water camera that captured 1/4 of what I saw as far as clarity, the cuddle fish was barely noticeable when i developed the film but so clear and vibrant with the naked eye, and of coarse I was out of film when the barracuda and shark were right in front of me. :devil:

Ok thats it! One of you two put some clean sheets on the sofa bed, I coming over and bringing my snorkel gear... :D

I used to love going when I was a teen. I would usually go in Pompano Beach, but have also gone to random beaches up and down the east coast of S.Florida. It is like a whole different world when one is underwater.

Before my husband and I were married, I took him to our Pompano Beach and I turned him loose with a snorkel and mask. He had never been diving in the ocean and I couldn't get him out of the water all day. By the time I got him out of the water cause it was getting dark, he was very sunburned on the back and white on the front. That didn't stop him from wanting to go the next day. Lol!

I wish that my ears would put up with diving, but it is too painful for me now. :(

Kiet, if you come down here and dive, you don't have to wear a wetsuit. The water is always warm. :D

I used to love going when I was a teen. I would usually go in Pompano Beach, but have also gone to random beaches up and down the east coast of S.Florida. It is like a whole different world when one is underwater.

Before my husband and I were married, I took him to our Pompano Beach and I turned him loose with a snorkel and mask. He had never been diving in the ocean and I couldn't get him out of the water all day. By the time I got him out of the water cause it was getting dark, he was very sunburned on the back and white on the front. That didn't stop him from wanting to go the next day. Lol!

I wish that my ears would put up with diving, but it is too painful for me now. :(

Kiet, if you come down here and dive, you don't have to wear a wetsuit. The water is always warm. :D
Did I just see an invite? ;-)

Yes come on down to S. FL! I used to go free diving all the time off the shore at Palm Beach and see all the corals, it was amazing! Once I went free diving under a pier (it was under construction because of a hurricane) and the next thing I know is that I'm about 100yds offshore and at the bottom (it was really shallow because of the rocks) and face to face with a school of 3-4ft barracuda...then they all swim past be to attack a shoal of shinners; what an experience! And to finish it off, on my way back to shore about 100 membered school of jack was swimming back into the blue...

Kiet, Andrew, Scott, and Nick you are all welcome to come join us ( Adrienne and me) in the nice warm, immigrant-filled waters! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes come on down to S. FL! I used to go free diving all the time off the shore at Palm Beach and see all the corals, it was amazing! Once I went free diving under a pier (it was under construction because of a hurricane) and the next thing I know is that I'm about 100yds offshore and at the bottom (it was really shallow because of the rocks) and face to face with a school of 3-4ft barracuda...then they all swim past be to attack a shoal of shinners; what an experience! And to finish it off, on my way back to shore about 100 membered school of jack was swimming back into the blue...

Kiet, Andrew, Scott, and Nick you are all welcome to come join us ( Adrienne and me) in the nice warm, immigrant-filled waters! :D
Do you know any good place to park? I no longer live across the street from the beach and parking around here is a nightmare. Lol!

Looks like fun. That looks like a cool camera!

I used to scuba dive, but nowadays just snorkel now and then. I've never gone diving in California but have in Hawaii, St Croix, St Thomas and Mexico. I snorkel with manatees a lot in Florida.

Latest posts