soraya got stuck

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No hydrogen peroxide. Mantids lose limbs all the time. Just put a coat of honey on the wound and the blood will soon. She should be fine as long as there are no internal injuries.

- MantisGirl13

No hydrogen peroxide. Mantids lose limbs all the time. Just put a coat of honey on the wound and the blood will soon. She should be fine as long as there are no internal injuries.

- MantisGirl13
I would have thought just a watered-down solution would clean the wound prior to sealing it. Tarantula folk close up wounds with crazy glue.

I did read in Orin's book that open wounds should be can be closed up with tissue paper and CA (crazy glue) to prevent flies from laying eggs in the wound.

Liquid bandage, especially the flexible 3M stuff, seems like a mantis doctor's dream treatment!

I would have thought just a watered-down solution would clean the wound prior to sealing it. Tarantula folk close up wounds with crazy glue.

I did read in Orin's book that open wounds should be can be closed up with tissue paper and CA (crazy glue) to prevent flies from laying eggs in the wound.

Liquid bandage, especially the flexible 3M stuff, seems like a mantis doctor's dream treatment!
Think about it. Mantids often get their limbs trapped in the wild or broken by an unsuccessful predator, and they don't have liquid bandages, hydrogen peroxide, or even honey! I say let nature go it's course. I have had mantids with much worse injuries than that, and they survived to adulthood! A missing leg is not a serious injury in my opinion. :)

I guess it all depends on your point of view! 

Now I'm no expert on tarantulas, but I'm pretty sure that they are a lot more sensitive and their exoskeleton is weaker than a mantid's, which would be why it would be necessary to patch up a hurt tarantula. 

- MantisGirl13

I did put a bit of honey on that part where she lost her leg. I will give her honeywater later again. I hope she has not internal injuriies because of  a little piece of her abdomen got stuck on that paper.

But i saw her poop yesterday, so that works.. I hope some flies will hatch soon and try to get her to eat that.

Good thing is:  she is still hanging on the lid of her home.

I did put a bit of honey on that part where she lost her leg. I will give her honeywater later again. I hope she has not internal injuriies because of  a little piece of her abdomen got stuck on that paper.

But i saw her poop yesterday, so that works.. I hope some flies will hatch soon and try to get her to eat that.

Good thing is:  she is still hanging on the lid of her home.

What a scary thing to have happen. Oh boy! Sounds like you're doing the right things to help her now.

Love and care. Love and care. Thats what we can do now. And a little prayer doesn't hurt either. 😊🙏

Not so good news about Soraya: she is dying sadly enough. I think she got internal bleedings or what can go wrong in her abdomen because that bodypart got stuck too.

I was keeping this in mind but still was hoping on recovering. She will go to mantis heaven...😢 but she dies a free mantis and not beinig stuck on a piece of paper....😢

I'm so sorry to hear you are losing her. You tried your best to get her free of the tape and help her to heal if possible. 

R. I. P Soraya ❤️😢

Latest posts