Spider Pharm Inc.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered 100g housefly pupae ($5.00 + $3.00 handling + $4.05 USPS Priority Mail). Let's see how it goes.

Feb 22: Order (it's night time right now)

Feb 25: Still not shipped (! :x I need those flies pretty bad)

Feb 26: Sent PM to Chuck in the morning. A few hours later, he had the flies shipped. :)

Feb 28: Flies received! They packaged it really well. I took some out and put the rest in the refrigerator.

Mar 4: One fly has eclosed. Later: the others are eclosing! :D

2-3 weeks later: Unused ones have stopped eclosing after removal from the refridgerator.

Thanks, SpiderPharm!

I was needing some houseflies in a hurry. Yen recommended Chuck at spiderpharm to me. They normally just ship pupae, but I had asked for some "flyers" and they were kind enough to send me some with my order of pupae. I considered my first experience with them to be excellent. My orchid mantids from Yen have been chowing down on these this evening.

I ordered on Monday and they arrived today...Wednesday.

Thanks a bunch Chuck!!!!!!!

Orderd on Saturday, received on Wednesday. Even sent some "fliers" in a cup to get me thru a couple of days. I have had absolutely no issues with them at all and will contine to order from them.

I needed some pupae right away, so I ordered online on a Thursday night and asked for express (overnight) shipping. A few minutes later, I got a confirmation and expected shipment on Friday.

Instead, I got a phone message on Friday, asking if I wanted express shipping.

I called back late Friday and the person on the other end kept asking me if I really wanted express shipping. I explained that I wanted the pupae right away, and that's why I paid for express shipping when ordering online (duh!). Then, the lady told me that she didn't think the postal service would deliver express on Saturday, and that's why she called. Had she bothered to check the postal service website or learn how to ship, she would have discovered or should have known that the U.S. Postal Service delivers express mail on Saturdays and Sundays at no extra charge. See here:

http://www.usps.com/shipping/expressmail.htm

Instead of shipping on Friday for a Saturday delivery, they ended up shipping on Monday for a Tuesday delivery. I also ended up getting charged for something not listed, a gel pack, which was not listed when I ordered online. Of course, I have to work, so I wasn't home on Tuesday (unlike if I had been home on Saturday) and now I'll have to pick up the flies at 6am on Wednesday, before I go to work.

In short, I will probably order someplace else next time. (Oregonfeederinsects was out of stock on pupae!).

Anthony

Ok I tried to order some flys from this site and also happened upon a breed of spiders I liked so I ordered those also. Guess his webpage is not updated so got an email saying these spiders are out of season except for spiderlings ,so I emailed back spiderlings instead I will do, then no reply from him,So I emailed again the next day and still no reply,So this morning I called him and he had read my email just had not replied to it and so now I sit here with no flys and no flys on the way.He is refunding my money but it would have been a lot better for me if he would have comunicated with me on this ,Heck I would have just taken the flys and kept a store credit with him.To sad

jim o.

[SIZE=12pt]POSITIVE[/SIZE]

I purchase pupae from Spider Pharm every 1-2 weeks. Very affordable and dependable. Highly reccommended.

Ok I tried to order some flys from this site and also happened upon a breed of spiders I liked so I ordered those also. Guess his webpage is not updated so got an email saying these spiders are out of season except for spiderlings ,so I emailed back spiderlings instead I will do, then no reply from him,So I emailed again the next day and still no reply,So this morning I called him and he had read my email just had not replied to it and so now I sit here with no flys and no flys on the way.He is refunding my money but it would have been a lot better for me if he would have comunicated with me on this ,Heck I would have just taken the flys and kept a store credit with him.To sadjim o.
I gave this place another try but just for fly pupae this time,no problems ,ordered for monday shipment got here on thursday ,prob due to so close to xmass and all,and the price is nice

Ordered about 1500 fly pupae, I ordered extra since I was leery on a bad hatch rate.

Well. Almost every single pupae hatched and I am swarmed!

Couldn't be happier, cheap prices, pretty fast shipping, and excellent hatch rates! Two thumbs up.

Edit: Got things cleared up with Chuck. Apparently the post office held the flies in transit for 7 days, and most of the flies eclosed during that time.

Everything should be fine now.

--

I ordered 2 grams (100) housefly pupae a MONTH ago.

It took nearly 4 weeks for the order to process and actually be accepted.

Today I recieved my package with less than 50 housefly pupae. Most have already eclosed and are empty.

Is this some kind of joke? I waited for my flies for a month and have 1/3 of a bag of eclosed, empty pupae and hungry mantids to feed.

I sent an email and am waiting for a response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great service! I've talked with Chuck, before about breeding flies and this was my first order from him. I loved the packaging and how he packed the pupa in the a little baggy, Very nice indeed. I recommend him to everyone and look forward to getting more flies from him.

Thanks again

Mikhail

Got some more house fly pupea. Everything went great. I would deffinetly recomend doing bussiness with Chuck, great guy, and Cheap prices too!

Latest posts