Spider Venom Reaction on Mantis?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i figured she could prevent paralysis by moving about (which is what we tried to tell my grandma when she was alive because she had back problems and was in pain but my mom, being a nurse, kept saying "if u dont keep exercising you will eventually lose your mobility")

lets hope she isnt bad

i dont know if the spider injected a lethal dose or if its a tiny dose

Mobility loss from envenomation is nowhere near the same as mobility loss from arthritis.

Remember mantis don't even have blood or a true circulatory system. They have hemolymph that flows throughout the body. Whatever venom is in has worked its way completely through the animals system long ago, and whatever internal liquification damage has occurred is currently being repaired internally as well as the mantis can manage. Movement in this case would likely be detrimental to internal healing

Sigh... I came in to check on her and she had only 3 legs? Those legs were twisted and she was just dying. Only her antennae were moving. I put her down. i really couldnt look at her like that. Well this is my second Creo. I called her "Camo Jr." she will be missed. I think I did the right thing.

Yep. I came in and saw a leg lying on the floor and I thouht she molted but then I saw the rest of her legs where tangled up in a giant mess.

I am real sorry for your loss. Sometimes Nature is great, and sometimes it stinks. Sorry to hear you got the stinky side. However, he/she probably had tons of great moments.