spring

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It snowed here today. White stuff everywhere! Enjoy your spring to those who get one =P

What spring? It was 70's and even 81 one day over the last few weeks. Everything was bloomed, my bees were busy, turtles were coming up and then bam it's like winter came back.
Rick, we're having the same problem. Granted, the winters are mild here, but every time I think spring has arrived, mother nature has to turn around and say, "Psych/sike!"—not sure how she spells it. I probably shouldn't complain. It could be worse. I could still be living and working outdoors in Indianapolis.

Last edited by a moderator:
What spring? It was 70's and even 81 one day over the last few weeks. Everything was bloomed, my bees were busy, turtles were coming up and then bam it's like winter came back.
Yeah it is like that here. I am close to Raleigh. At night it is cold. The wild plants around here and in the forests recently started growing fast. There were many animals active during this winter. There were butterflies, birds, toads, flies, squirrels. Most of the time it was cold and so some of the animals were not around most of the time. I found out that there were salamanders in creeks. There are many of them. I wonder if any of those salamanders are a special kind. Interesting video about Slimy Salamanders.

Rick, we're having the same problem. Granted, the winters are mild here, but every time I think spring has arrived, mother nature has to turn around and say, "Psych/sike!"—not sure how she spells it. I probably shouldn't complain. It could be worse. I could still be living and working outdoors in Indianapolis.
Winters are very mild here too. Our climates are quite similar. I guess it is warming up end of this week. But as always it is going to get really nice Sunday and afterwards during the week when I can't enjoy it as much.

My polyphemus moth hatched a few days ago and the day after it snowed and i cant release him cuz of the weather. Poor thing is dying :(

Hibiscus, I'm the exact opposite. The chill from the cold weather just feels like death. My body doesn't want to move, and I want to hibernate in my warm bed all winter. ;) If you don't mind me asking, what pain do you associate with the warmer weather? Please ignore if of a personal nature.

Bran, hope your moth catches a break.

Hibiscus, I'm the exact opposite. The chill from the cold weather just feels like death. My body doesn't want to move, and I want to hibernate in my warm bed all winter. ;) If you don't mind me asking, what pain do you associate with the warmer weather? Please ignore if of a personal nature.

Bran, hope your moth catches a break.
R u old like me? The warm weather with the sun has always been my enemy. I don't like the heat, it does not make me hurt, it just makes me HOT!

I had 2 back surgeries and now I have nerve (neurophy) from it, and my feet are in pain all day long, sometimes I almost cannot walk the pain is so intense. Now my neck is wore out and my hands are going thru the same thing. I has shingles a couple years ago and I have pain from it now. Did I miss anything? The cold has done the same thing to me, now instead of going outside and enjoying it, I have to protect my hands as they hurt really bad as soon as they get cold, same with feet, can't tell if the shower is to hot so I burn my feet a lot! :} ;[ Other than all that I am in good shape! ha!

R u old like me? The warm weather with the sun has always been my enemy. I don't like the heat, it does not make me hurt, it just makes me HOT!

I had 2 back surgeries and now I have nerve (neurophy) from it, and my feet are in pain all day long, sometimes I almost cannot walk the pain is so intense. Now my neck is wore out and my hands are going thru the same thing. I has shingles a couple years ago and I have pain from it now. Did I miss anything? The cold has done the same thing to me, now instead of going outside and enjoying it, I have to protect my hands as they hurt really bad as soon as they get cold, same with feet, can't tell if the shower is to hot so I burn my feet a lot! :} ;[ Other than all that I am in good shape! ha!
I consider myself old. Depends on who you ask, I guess. Lol!

I suffer from lower back pain but nothing like you describe. I hate the fact that you must live each day in pain. However, from what I gather, you haven't let the pain keep you down; you have established a reputable business which must keep you very busy. That's admirable!

Here the day is shaping up to be a nice one. Hope the conditions are similar in your neck of the woods. And may your coming summer be mild. Take care. :)

R u old like me? The warm weather with the sun has always been my enemy. I don't like the heat, it does not make me hurt, it just makes me HOT!I had 2 back surgeries and now I have nerve (neurophy) from it, and my feet are in pain all day long, sometimes I almost cannot walk the pain is so intense. Now my neck is wore out and my hands are going thru the same thing. I has shingles a couple years ago and I have pain from it now. Did I miss anything? The cold has done the same thing to me, now instead of going outside and enjoying it, I have to protect my hands as they hurt really bad as soon as they get cold, same with feet, can't tell if the shower is to hot so I burn my feet a lot! :} ;[ Other than all that I am in good shape! ha!
I am kinda jealous of u

I would rather have your physical ailments and be mentally sane than suffer from my various mental issues

I typically curb back pain with a quick back crack but idk if thats possible for u at your age :(

At least spring weather brings me joy and a chance to heal :)

In other news my plants for my garden r doin well and im gonna release my plethedon later if its nice enough

thanks for the thumbs up Jamurfur! A, if your serious, I hope you enjoy summer too!
I love summer and its saturniids and the escape from systemized learning and the nice weather, the time outside, the opportunity toput my babies on the porch and so much more!!

Im always serious when it comes to my issues, though i may not reveal everything to everyone

I hope we get spring rains soon so im able to work on my outdoor plants!!!

I am kinda jealous of u I would rather have your physical ailments and be mentally sane than suffer from my various mental issues I typically curb back pain with a quick back crack but idk if thats possible for u at your age :( At least spring weather brings me joy and a chance to heal :) In other news my plants for my garden r doin well and im gonna release my plethedon later if its nice enough
Your fine agent A. :rolleyes: I think her back bone might be fused together?

Rebecca, sorry to hear that your situation. I started a part time job last fall. When I interviewed for the position. my boss told me that I'd be helping him make million dollar decisons sometimes and removing paperclips for him other times. He suffers from neuropathy. In the winter he often has to put gloves on indoors when his hands start to hurt.

We still have a lot of snow to melt here. There's over a foot in the front yard. Today it got up in the mid 40s. There was no wind, and the sun felt warm. I swept my garage floor and cleaned the windows in the garage. The windows had so many cobwebs on them that they looked like something you'd see in a haunted house. It was nice to get outside again.

Your fine agent A. :rolleyes: I think her back bone might be fused together?
far from it

i wouldnt be surprised if rebecca had any backbone calcification issues at her age

Rebecca, sorry to hear that your situation. I started a part time job last fall. When I interviewed for the position. my boss told me that I'd be helping him make million dollar decisons sometimes and removing paperclips for him other times. He suffers from neuropathy. In the winter he often has to put gloves on indoors when his hands start to hurt.

We still have a lot of snow to melt here. There's over a foot in the front yard. Today it got up in the mid 40s. There was no wind, and the sun felt warm. I swept my garage floor and cleaned the windows in the garage. The windows had so many cobwebs on them that they looked like something you'd see in a haunted house. It was nice to get outside again.
it was gorgeous outside today!!

i had a decent day, someone asked me out (though they live in a different state so idk if it will last long), i boil-sterilized my roach bins, aired out the insectorium, released my plethedon, my toads r gonna spawn again probably, my neighbors dog gave me a lick bath through their fence and i had a hickory war with the neighbors kids, and just had a good day off from school and my mom was working so i got a nice break from her B)

nice story A, I like the dog got some of you! hhhhheeee heee! Fuzzy Friday was yesterday, so I got to play with him, he helped me (no really he did) make fruit fly cultures! He put the lids on among other things. I video taped it, gotta figure out how to transfer it now. Then after his nap we went outside and dragged the garbage cans to the burn pit, (which is now a hill) and burned garbage and then went to the swing set and he swinged for about 45 minutes until he was good and done with it. Kept waking up last night wondering if he will get sick from the swing wind blowing on him? gotta call and find out today! So yesterday was nice day for me too!