Stagmomantis limbata (male) in Surutato, Sinaloa, México

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Vasquez

Reaction score
IMG_20161005_145628.jpg

Great picture. thanks for posting. Shows something I have been considering for a few months now. Wind moves plants in nature, does plant ( or decorations) need to move in habitat ?  What benefit if any? Sometimes I have unusual questions for myself.

Great picture. thanks for posting. Shows something I have been considering for a few months now. Wind moves plants in nature, does plant ( or decorations) need to move in habitat ?  What benefit if any? Sometimes I have unusual questions for myself.
Thanks man, I've been reading about that, if the plant moves the praying mantids that have sit-and-wait behavior have more chances to catch a prey, also to scape from predators, and be safe when approaching a female to reproduce, because when the wind blows the mantids start to swing like leaves or sticks, its part of the mimicry. 

And for the plants, if the wind blows they have more chances to disperse their seeds.

Latest posts