Stagmomantis limbata mating

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny.

Reaction score
A few pics of them mating around September but haven't been on to post them. Sorry in advance for the crappy cell phone pic overload. Hahaha

Getting into position ...

IMG073_zps01ba30eb.jpg

Almost ...

IMG075_zps7c475411.jpg

That's the spot lol ...

IMG076_zps90eb27cf.jpg

IMG077_zpsc52f4e8e.jpg

IMG078_zps677c02a4.jpg

IMG079_zps89bf2508.jpg

She laid this Ooth 3 days later.

imagejpeg_0_zps461943f8.jpg

Lol ...

IMG081_zps2eb66385.jpg

This was the 2nd time she mated ... In total she mated 3 times, ate her mate and laid 4 Ooths ...

IMG091_zps445ce800.jpg

Yep 100% sure, they vary in color. Maybe due to locality?

My sis caught me one about a 1yr ago that was green and she lives in Chino.

Very interesting, all the ones I've caught in my area are yellowish/light brown no greenies.

interesting indeed. i wonder what the location has to do with anything, i know that ontario, pomona, and chino area get warmer and more humid than out by L.A., where in L.A are you?

Hacienda is just past Diamond bar isnt it?!! east L.A.? like El Monte area? cuz thats not too far from where i grew up so i dont think the weather makes difference then

the color variation is based on humidity and habitat , here in Mexico the brown ones are usually found outside the city in dry areas and mostly feed on grasshoppers. The green ones are found in farms or near rivers mostly near trees

Where in Mexico are you?

I wonder how far Stagmomantis limbata range is.

Last edited by a moderator: