Tarachodes sp

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
these are the first bark mantids i've kept and they do this really cute behavior. lol they play hide and seek with you! when you're on a branch, and they see you, they'll move over to the other side to hide. then when i look over, they'll move back. etc. i thought that was entertaining, for a minute.

these are the first bark mantids i've kept and they do this really cute behavior. lol they play hide and seek with you! when you're on a branch, and they see you, they'll move over to the other side to hide. then when i look over, they'll move back. etc. i thought that was entertaining, for a minute.
It is a pain taking pic of this species because of this timid behaviour :?

Nice photos Yen, I have had loads of these in over the past few weeks, I think they have such a great character!

Very awkward to photograph however, as they like to hang behind the twigs constantly.

Here are a couple of photos I took, this one showing their typical stance:

tata2.jpg

and "spot the tarachodes", I think there are 4 or 5 in the photo:

tata1.jpg

I've had no troubles housing them together at all, although I have only reared them to L4 before I have sent them off. Maybe it is a good idea to separate when a little older...

Latest posts