Tell everyone a little about yourself/post a pic if you want

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah chun, I have been told that it is very hard to qualify for this area, but hey, I will give it a crack, and I am sure all my A grades will help :p

I wish you luck anyway.

Cheers,

Ian

PseudoDave, where are you doing your degree at the moment?

Ian, which A levels are you doing? I did biology, chemistry and art...strangely enough art was VERY VERY VERY difficult in comparison to the 2 sciences!

Yen, i've popped you a pm.

chun x

Hi Chun,

Well, I am not at that stage yet, I havent even done my GSCE's, however, I will almost certainly take biology and chemistry, and also, I will prob take history, as I am quite good at it :p

Cheers,

Ian

My name's Cynthia, I'm 18, and I've been interested in mantids for about as long as I can remember. My family owns a factory in China (where I've lived for about 3 years off and on), where there is a lot more bug life than what you see in the US. I was introduced to exotic inverts while I was in the Orient, and I've raised mantids on and off since I was 8. I also used to collect exotic moths and butterflies (which I snuck in the US and are now framed).

Right now I have a dozen P. affinis, one d. dessicata, 2 p. paradoxa, 2 p. wahlbergii, and 2 s. lineola.

Take a look at my myspace.com account for pix:

www.myspace.com/thedarkage

well i'm 16 now and i got a pic of me below but with the rest of my family too, i'm on the far left with my fav JD's Mantids hat backwards(the tallest one)

Picture417.jpg

Joe

Right im going to add to mine!

Im also 6ft 8" and have size 14 shoes. I am keeping my sun conure (if anyone has read my previous post) as things have settled down here :) .

I agree with chun when he says England isnt a nice place to live. I have been attacked so many damn times i cant even count anymore, and the town i come from claims a street dubbed "take-away alley" as it contains only take-aways. This street has the highest violence rate per square foot in Britian!

As for a picture - this one always makes me laugh, i hope it does for all of you!

Imag0003.jpg

Its my pimp costume w/o the hat from hallowene!

I guess I'll also introduce myself. :D My name's Katie, I'm 17, and I only got back into the hobby a couple of months ago. Once my mantids molt into adults I hope to start breeding them. Up until now I've wanted to become a veterinarian, but after shadowing at the vet's I am having second thoughts. Now I'm leaning more toward zoology and entomology, maybe wildlife biology. Whatever will let me have a career involving research/observation of wildlife. My other pets are 4 sugar gliders, 3 cockatiels, and a green iguana. I'm in the process of searching for other kinds of insects to have as pets, like stick insects. In my spare time I do art, writing (one novel published already, another on the way :) ), and photography.

Me: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Lainyle/lairedhat.jpg

Some ballpoint art: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Lai...onbranchink.jpg

One of my gliders: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Lai...ykillsworms.jpg

Cockatiel: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/Lai...floofychick.jpg

I don't have a website yet, but I should soon...

Hey Katie, I know what you mean about having second thoughts. I went thru the same thing when I was 17. I went to a vocational school that sent us job training. One of my choices was the vets office. I love animals, but I saw too many things that broke my heart.

Your drawing of the sugar glider is awesome! You really have talent.

my last introduction was really weak.. so heres another. I started raising praying mantises when i was 9 years old. it was kinda a faze of my life i guiess because within a year i was onto something diferent. Well 2 years later i started back up again. I got my first mantis when i was 11. (your probably wondering i started when i was 9 i got my first mantis at 11?) well the explanation is i whent studying for about a eyar and a half on mantids. Got loads of info. Then i bought a ootheca wich was infertile. So i was on to buying live mantids. I bought my first mantis from reptile depot and it was a lv-3 spiny flower mantids.(only 1) I diddnt even have a heat lamp i just put it in a cage. Well during winter with no heat lamp it died in about 3 days. So how did i fail after 2 years of studying? The answer is i stufyed library videos and books wich are all about the life cycle and functions of the mantis. So I was off once more this time reading care sheets. Then bingo i bought 4 giant indian mantids from deshawn at lv-3. I diddnt even ask for them to be sexed. Well as it turns out they all lived to adullt hood but all were male =(. So once more I decided to give up. well2 more years later I have started up again this time buying 5 chinese mantis ootheca suggested by my man dino. They all have hatched And ive got lots of mantises then i decided to buy 5 lv-1 spiny flower mantids from yen saw. They will arrive this tuesday lol. I love any x game such as (bmx biking skatebording.) I like scateboarding better and i am getting pretty good. I also play lots and lots of paintball. I have a pet dog named buddy who is a registered astralian shepad that is justn a puppy onot even 1 year old. And a pet ferret named precious. Also two gerbils sunshine and rat. sunshine and rat got in a fight and rat is all bloddy so we removed sunshine from the 10 gal and fixed up rat the only way i know how. a big bloddy messs :( I am a big deer hunter. My freinds think I am a dare devil. OH AND I AM RELATED TO KIT CARSON :lol:

mind the spelling errors

Since I am new here I will inform you about me. I am 25 yrs old, have a 7 yr old son named Clive. My name is Breanna, I am engaged to be married to my long time main man,lol. This my pic, sorry so big
mefeb12.jpg

I enjoy reading,cooking and anything that can hold my short attention span, I really enjoy animals and learing about them. :) I work as a receptionist/AP/Order entry. Anything else you wanna know just ask me.

I have one white's tree frog name Larry, 1 adult female european mantis named Porky, 1 chinese mantis nypmh on the way here. In a month or so I would like to try my hand at another leo gecko (we had 1 last year die only after a month). :)

I have a whites tree frog too!
Larry is pretty neat but he doesn't do much while we are awake, on occasion I'll catch him at night hopping around he always looks like a deer caught in headlights when i do. :lol:

Yeah mine is buried during the day. He is quite active at night though. Lately he has been trying to escape every night. Guess it's breeding season because he hardly eats lately.

Latest posts