Terrarium size

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to chime in randomly but there are some 8x8x12 exo terras on petco for $27 dollars. I plan on getting one for when my mantis grows up.

I had the nano talk it’s perfect for large species. But I used it for my orchid mantis and I put live Orchids in it and it was pretty cool.

What size is the nano? And Orchid mantis... my dream mantis :D
It was a Nano tall. I hatched a few orchid ooths and always had males. I’ve never had females to continue breeding. Males are too tiny for me. I’ve always wanted a female cause of the size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Female orchids are absolute monsters. They NEVER stop eating!

Lol. It’s way different with her. I give her five BB flies and she doesn’t even get plump...

Female orchids are absolute monsters. They NEVER stop eating!
Nah the the true monsters are female sphrodomantis gastricas. I’ve had a few females grab on to my finger and try to eat me for a snack. It hurt like crazy and I had to get my dad to help me pry a few off of me!

I give her five BB flies and she doesn’t even get plump...
Speaking of BB flies, I am unsure of fly size (for stepping up to the next size)  I know the smallest is melanogaster then hydei is bigger, but what about Turkish gliders? And which is bigger the blue bottle or house flies?

Latest posts