the headless horseman, or wheres me head?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:huh: This is what happens when you leave crickets or superworms with a mantis that is not eating at the moment.

MVC-359F.jpg

her head is a little to the right above her, two crickets were chewing on her when I went to feed her today. :(

She was getting ready to lay and I am afraid that they caught her unaware, I ment to go back and remove them if she wasn't going to eat, but I didn't get to her in time, I knew she was going to lay and though she was going to go head and eat but as you can see she didn't. Whenever I leave a few crickets in the feeder cup overnight, the next day, they are all on one single cricket and usually you can see it still twitching...... :huh:

Nasty little bat's turds! I hate crickets too! Evil little heck spawn from the depths of Satan's anus! (Ironically, I've used that term to refer to my brother here recently!) :innocent:

-Carey Kurtz-

Nasty little bat's turds! I hate crickets too! Evil little heck spawn from the depths of Satan's anus! (Ironically, I've used that term to refer to my brother here recently!) :innocent:
:lol: As far as disses go, that's pretty awesome! :tt2:

Yeah, I've had CRAZY aggressive crickets that harrass healthy mantids into falling of their branches. Wish I'd have video taped it. And they're really persistent.

I've also seen crickets attack molting crickets and drag their twitching bodies away. AND I've seen two crickets eating an ooth AS it was being laid! So unless desperate or hand-feeding, I'm done with crickets...

Latest posts