The other addiction.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@LAME Your girl is doing great, and still has some bright coloration. :D It would be interesting to see how large she gets, but it seems in the beardie world the males are larger than females (unlike mantids). Maybe yours will exceed the typical 16"-22" size. ;)

I found a interesting photo of the various sized beardies, too bad they didn't have a new hatchling for true size from newborn to adults (likely due to safety). See the photo here.

@CosbyArt

I've read that countless times as well, but i hope she maxes out. To me, that'd be ideal ;)  

Alex (Mantidbro) finally managed to break me..I made my own YouTube channel and have uploaded a few videos of the two during a feeding. I'll throw the link at the bottom of this post... orginally I made it so he could see how picky my male has become with different foods. He absolutely will no longer eat crickets.. he's starting to turn his nose to dubias?! But will eagerly eat king/Super worms and occasionally a few wax worm treats. He's being a real pain as of late.

I think this is the link;

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCT5q0Vd0pPkiXHKmUv-hgOw

Last edited by a moderator:
@LAME It would be if she got that huge. :D

Ha, nice to see them active, but I see you are mute in your videos too. ;) I've done some in the past, and hope to do many more coming up, but prefer not to talk either (especially due to my accent, and lack of teeth now that doesn't help lol). Long as you don't do the silly hand written index cards in your videos (video editing text over works) your be fine. :)

Glad to hear Alex is doing fine (I saw his post on there), as I haven't heard or seen him in months around the forum, or even with PM's being sent.
thumbs-up1.gif

@LAME It would be if she got that huge. :D

Ha, nice to see them active, but I see you are mute in your videos too. ;) I've done some in the past, and hope to do many more coming up, but prefer not to talk either (especially due to my accent, and lack of teeth now that doesn't help lol). Long as you don't do the silly hand written index cards in your videos (video editing text over works) your be fine. :)

Glad to hear Alex is doing fine (I saw his post on there), as I haven't heard or seen him in months around the forum, or even with PM's being sent.
thumbs-up1.gif
Yeah, I'm usually pretty silent most the time anyway. I'm not much on talking, never really have been. ;)  

Yeah I've noticed he's gone silent here, I think after the idolos he took a break... but he'll return, I chat with him about daily through Google's app "Hangout"

Yeah, I'm usually pretty silent most the time anyway. I'm not much on talking, never really have been. ;)  

Yeah I've noticed he's gone silent here, I think after the idolos he took a break... but he'll return, I chat with him about daily through Google's app "Hangout"
No problem there. :) I thought of trying some of the new voice synthesizer software for videos, but likely the best option would be to get some professional voice over work for anything of value (as it can be done rather cheaply per project).

Yeah we all tend to take a break sooner or later.

12.03.16:

Decided I was going to be trying something new with my builds, so I took the previous 20G backwall piece and made some modifications. Regrouted the entire piece and added dirt between the rock crevices, then podged.

20161203_131139_zpssl78iate.jpg

Gives it that dirty look. ;)  

I've actually been thinking about redoing Valkyrie's home ;)  

..but no shes in the bigger enclosure since she's older and the largest. Honestly I wanted to use sand in the crevices but didn't have any to spare. . But I think it came out pretty good, Definitely looks better in my opinion. :D  

I've actually been thinking about redoing Valkyrie's home ;)  

..but no shes in the bigger enclosure since she's older and the largest. Honestly I wanted to use sand in the crevices but didn't have any to spare. . But I think it came out pretty good, Definitely looks better in my opinion. :D  
Ah okay, indeed it would come out better too. You know how it is, the more times you do something the better they look each time. :) I agree though it is a great improvement. :D

It's been awhile since I've posted, I thought i would drop by and and show off my pretty girl. She's continuing to grow ever larger, she's now almost as long as my entire arm! I'll have to measure her out again.

....anyway, here's my precious. 
20170218_145618_zpsqkexbjoe.jpg

"Awwwwwwwweeeee...." ;)  

03.26.17:

Some updates..

First, big girl Valkyrie is just over one year and one month old and currently 17 inches long... And fat. <3

Second, I got a 3rd beardie. Unsexed and young, but i have a good feeling on it being male. Guesstimating only a few months old now (1-2m), it's a little over 5 inches long now. ( had it about a month)

Latest posts