Uniheat heat packs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psychobunny

Reaction score
Where do you guys buy your heat packs?

I just discovered a whole case of 40 hour packs had gone bad 2 years before

the expiration date.

Obviously, it was a bad batch and I cant complain because I bought them so long ago

and have on idea who from (except it was someone on eBay!!)

I just bought a pack of 5, 60hr heat packs from Amazon hoping they will be good.

Can anyone recommend a reliable website?

You should call the manufacturer to see if they'll replace them if they haven't expired yet. I wouldn't think it would matter where you purchased them from.

I have purchased some from ebay sellers and also from www.lllreptile.com. They only sell the 40 hour heat packs.

http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/deli-containers-shipping-boxes-packing-material/

I've been looking at some sites that sell 72 hour heat packs but have never tried them. I'd be interested in hearing where people buy their 60 and 72 hour heat packs.

Heat packs can only be used once. I don't know the exact chemical reaction, but once the plastic around the heat pack is open. it starts to heat up! air is the trigger.

If using one for the first time, you will be surprised because they are very inconsistent and almost never

get as warm as they say.

You need to shake them up and break up any lumps and keep shaking until you start to feel some warmth.

Dont expect them to get hot, they only get to about 90F and they also do not last as long as the manufacturer

claims.

That's why I usually buy the 60 or 72 hour ones.

I placed an order for both from a shipping supplies place called TSK Supplies.

I also ordered 5 from Big Apple reptiles, but I wouldnt buy from them anymore because they are to expensive

and no volume discounts.

The place Yen posted looks like the best deal, thanks Yen for the HOT tip ;)

Latest posts