URGENT black pulsating lines Inbetween abdominal segments!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantidkid

Reaction score
I'm really scared about these massive gaps between the abdominal segments which widen when he eats. Like they are pulsating. I'm really scared please reply quickly!!

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's completely normal. Some mantids got colors on their segments that are only visible during threat displays or after they have eaten a lot.

5.jpg

Here you can see it on a S. lineola male during mating. It's slightly visible on the female as well.

MAN am I glad to have stumbled across this thread. I was handling my l5 H. Membranacea and noticed the same thing when he curved his andomen up. Nearly had a heart attack, I thought he was sick or dying or something, I thought it was the crickets I was feeding him; super relieved to know this is normal lol.

MAN am I glad to have stumbled across this thread. I was handling my l5 H. Membranacea and noticed the same thing when he curved his andomen up. Nearly had a heart attack, I thought he was sick or dying or something, I thought it was the crickets I was feeding him; super relieved to know this is normal lol.
Haha glad it helped!

Latest posts