Vielded chameleon

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morpheus uk

Reaction score
Might begettin one, any tips?

I know they eat insects but heard they also eat vegatables aswell?

Might begettin one, any tips?I know they eat insects but heard they also eat vegatables aswell?
Some adults chow down on fruits, most will chew on leaves but young ones are pretty much strict insectivores. They are really an amazing animal but are a bit fiesty.

Yeah, got one in the end yesterday!

They had the parent out and they were hissing away lol, thier incredible!

:D

2260775675_28156762e9.jpg

2261570592_6dce01b1a5.jpg

2260777041_39c53cb072_b.jpg

i read there hard to keep..?your bug crazy..u have all sorts now..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww, what a cute little cham. :lol: I've been thinking about raising a couple in my greenhouse(caged) this summer after it gets established.

I read on your flickr that you've never kept reptiles before - then good luck! Veiled chameleons are one of the HARDEST herps to keep and are not for beginners. One mistake can easily kill them even though they are the hardiest of chameleons to keep. What cage do you have it in? They need cages that are higher than wide that are screen instead of glass. They can be injured and stressed easily in a glass cage and during handling especially when they are little, so keep it to a minimum. As your cham grows, it definately needs a screen cage - they cannot stand to see their reflection in the glass (will attack it and hurt themselves). They need UVA/B flourscent lighting, a regular light for basking (80-90 degrees @ basking area for young chams), a very stable humidity level of 30-50% yet with a really good airflow, and calcium and vitamin supplement as well as a varied diet. Adults can eat pinkie mice also.

lmao..and theres me thinking i want one..u have just woke me up..im a beginer this isnt for me.i would love to shoot it tho with my lens, :)

Lol, thx all, my dad had lizards in the past, had a big ol iguarna, yep we got all the stuff now, but just need the fitting for the tube, oh yeah they`re in one of those flexarium all netted tanks :)

Lol, thx all, my dad had lizards in the past, had a big ol iguarna, yep we got all the stuff now, but just need the fitting for the tube, oh yeah they`re in one of those flexarium all netted tanks :)
That's awesome, do take photos when the little guy/gal grows up! :D

I always liked all species of them. There is one at a local store I have been eyeing. That one you have is tiny. If this is your first and they're hard to keep I hope it works out. You should always fully research a future pet before getting one. I keep herps and many of them require special lighting, supplements, etc. Good luck.

Thx all, got everything sorted and researched as much as i could, my dad sorts most of it out for his anyway

Thx all, got everything sorted and researched as much as i could, my dad sorts most of it out for his anyway
Many suggestions aren't really necessary, here's what you do need:

1. 60watt bulb with a basking branch (bulb should be within 4-6 inches of the branch). Use a full-spectrum bulb, I just use the 'reveal' and consimilars available at most stores.

2. Calcium with vitamin D3 to dust food once or twice a week.

3. Pretty much a daily misting and feeding, they can go without one or both for days but only if they're healthy from regular food and water.

Though it's not the best cage you can grow them up healthy in a 10gallon with screen lid as long as the above requirements are met.

I always liked all species of them. There is one at a local store I have been eyeing. That one you have is tiny. If this is your first and they're hard to keep I hope it works out. You should always fully research a future pet before getting one. I keep herps and many of them require special lighting, supplements, etc. Good luck.
How much is the one at the local store? Check this out:

http://www.bidabug.org/auction/APViewInCat.asp?ID=14

$15 for a vieled chameleon baby? Wow! The one at Petco was around $100 for one that looked around 6 months...

Latest posts