Water Mister

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animalexplorer

Reaction score
I noticed when I would mist the mantids everytime I pump sqeezed the handle on regular spray bottles the mantids would jerk back as if it shocked them. After thinking about it, I ended up purchasing a mister that you pump about 10 times to build up pressure and hold the trigger for a semi continuous spray. With the new method the mantids seemed less stressed when distributing the water in this fashion. Here is a picture I took of my mister. They come in all types of sizes from various manufacturers.

DSC_2900.jpg

Those things are amazing! I got mine at Petsmart. I've also seen them at Fleet Farm if you have any in your area. I use them to give my birds baths :p

Thats really cool. Im going to look into one of those. I have thought about setting up some sort of drip system but dont really feel like it would be worth the time. What would be cool would be to set up a timed misting sytem like they have in the produce section of grocery stores. :p

Thats really cool. Im going to look into one of those. I have thought about setting up some sort of drip system but dont really feel like it would be worth the time. What would be cool would be to set up a timed misting sytem like they have in the produce section of grocery stores. :p
speaking about misting... do you guys use normal water from the sink or purified/distilled water?

I only use distilled water. There can be a lot of nasty things in tap water and distilled water doesnt seem to leave bad water spots on the side of the enclosure.

im probably being too cautious, but i take it one step further - i pull up a handful of weeds and put them in a small container. Half a day later there'll be lots of condensation, and i let the mantis in for a drink. It's a little more work, but this is the safest method that i can think of..

Latest posts