Welcome to SpongeWorld!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG!!! I love it!!! that is my set up!!! Alice in wonderland for sure!! I am so making one! :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:

man i like your ideas more and more. Ive seen some creativity but you take the cake! Only potential dangers i can notice is that the sponges may get moldy and gross from the droppings and water over time, and that if lights are bright enough it may blind the wrong person. But other than that ITS FREAKIN COOL!!! I may do the same thing to my cages now lol, add some color istead of just brown and green.

ha ha i just went to cvs pharmacy walked in and dollar days! there were boxes and boxes of those things! 6 for a dollar. i almost have everything!

I have a black light ready for the job! I don't think the yellow litter on the bottom will glow, but the white (bleached) stuff should!

I have day/night paint that you can only see under black light - how cool would THAT be? A night painting on the back drop, over a day painting. Spoooky.... Maybe I could Scooby-Doo theme it!

Good point about the molding. The natural bedding I started using is amazing at holding moisture, but the flies fuzz up almost immedietly.

ha ha i just went to cvs pharmacy walked in and dollar days! there were boxes and boxes of those things! 6 for a dollar. i almost have everything!
Yup! God bless CVS!

And this is one of those situations where I can't wait to be outdone. C'mon, Alice!!! Show us brilliant!!!

Well if Rebecca gets to be Alice, I want to be the Mad Hatter, And I think you said you want to be Shaggy or was it Freddy?

I wanna be the Mystery Machine. I would be Fred... but that ascot...

And there are mantids in there now, so maybe delay the shrinking bit!

Good Lord, tonight we shall all dream we are in the spongeworld and who do u think the rabbit will be? haha, we are all cartoons, hope no one eraces us! :lol:

Don't forget the lava lamp that you can use for heat and light at the same time, it should fit your psychedelic theme. B)
Ha! Hadn't thought of that!

what kind of mantis did you put in it?
I tested it with some small "Red Shields", and now have L5 Idolos hopping around in there. Photos to follow...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some more pics of SpongeWorld!

Idolo5-30-0552.jpg

Idolo5-30-0546.jpg

Idolo5-30-0537.jpg

Idolo5-30-0535.jpg

Idolo5-30-0533.jpg

Idolo5-30-0528.jpg

Idolo5-30-0524.jpg

Idolo5-30-0512.jpg

Idolo5-30-0499.jpg

Idolo5-30-0497.jpg