Welcome to SpongeWorld!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not for the shields. the Idolos haven't had a chance yet (still new). Should be even easier...
I was thinking it might be good for the idolo's , that they would like the sponge thingy's. hmmmmmm....... time to create! if I can just get through grad week! :smarty:

I think molting should work well with small nymphs though I wonder how a molt to adulthood would work out for the Rhombodera or Idolomantis.

I think molting should work well with small nymphs though I wonder how a molt to adulthood would work out for the Rhombodera or Idolomantis.
Yeah. I think the materials are fine for L1-L6, but the sponges themselves will need to be a lot bigger and more secure for subadults. Still very much a work in progress...

This is the coolest, still-functional habitat concept I've ever seen! It epitomizes what the hobby is about for people who keep mantises as pets. It's not just about the animal, but the intersection of mantises and humans.

We needed a pinned topic for the Enclosures section, so here we are. Amazing creativity, Sporeworld!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That enclosure is just plain awesome! :) That is very creative! The only thing i would be concerned about, is the bits of sponge on the floor of the enclosure. It would seem to me, it would be hard to keep clean? I would probably go with full sponges for the bottom. The only problem with that is it won't look as cool!. Do you keep all the sponges in the enclosure wet/moist, or is just the bottom sponges that are the humidity holders?

This is the coolest, still-functional habitat concept I've ever seen! It epitomizes what the hobby is about for people who keep mantises as pets. It's not just about the animal, but the intersection of mantises and humans.

We needed a pinned topic for the Enclosures section, so here we are. Amazing creativity, Sporeworld!
OMG! I can't stop smiling!

Thanks!

The only thing i would be concerned about, is the bits of sponge on the floor of the enclosure. It would seem to me, it would be hard to keep clean?
Yeah. Fly parts sit on top of them. So far they've all blown off - maybe some function of the sponge?

Do you keep all the sponges in the enclosure wet/moist, or is just the bottom sponges that are the humidity holders?
They're all pretty wet on the inside. I'm keeping this enclosure more humdid than the others. I'm convinced that beyond maybe 30%, it doesn't matter (with Idolos). But it doesn't seem to hurt, either.

Man I can't stop looking at these pics... It looks like a carnival park for mantids!

Now on to the next best thing. Before one of you lot trump me!

(hint: it may have something to do with applied rubber...)

To what will you be applying the rubber???
blink.gif
laugh.gif

I love it!!! I should have looked for this thread earlier with all the references to 'spongeworld' in other threads. Thanks for sharing! B)

Latest posts