What is your favorite cheese?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colby Jack! I also like the Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow Lite cheese that comes wrapped in foil in triangular triangle like wedges of triangular pie-slice shaped pieces.

The Mini-Babybel Cheddar flavor, those miniature wheels of cheddar cheese, are also good. I haven't seen them in forever, the other flavors of Mini-Babybel aren't too good.

I'm strange when it comes to cheese. I'm fascinated by it, but I generally don't eat it. I never liked melted cheese that much, and yet I enjoy Pizza, Lasagna, etc. I often avoid putting cheese on Italian sandwiches, except for Quiznos, because generally the cheese gets all puffed up from the oil in the bread and has a nasty texture.

My brother Andy, down in Alabama, seems to be fond of aged cheeses and had me sample some cheese that was left in a basement for a few years. It was good, and strange, unique... weird even!

String cheese is also good. I like to have that from time to time.

Baked brie with crackers. If you haven't tried it, and I'm super serial about this :p , it will reinvent your definition of delicious cheese.

Ah, America, land of phony cheeses! Make believe Muenster (called Munster) ersatz Edam, counterfeit Caerphilly, phony Parmigiano-regiano, fake Fontina, A full litany would take all night.

That said, aside from their ridiculous names, I enjoy a few inexpensive American cheeses like Munster and Cheddar, and I have both in my fridge. I also like an inexpensive blue cheese and Norwegian Blue ( the source of one of the "Dead Parrot " jokes in the Monty Python sketch) is inexpensive when you can get it, but right now I have Danish Blue which is a bit creamier and which will make a good (fair?) substitute for Gorgonzola when I make risotto quattro formaggi in a cuppla days. Actually, I don't use any "authentic" cheeses in this dish, but only Tucker knows, and he's not telling! :D

Lancashire cheese, don't think you will be able to get it across the pond but i may be wrong. Great on crackers or melted on toast :)

That's a tough one. I've found few cheeses I didn't like.

Right there with ya Rick, I guess pretty well don't have a fav, like most all of them. But I do like the one that starts witha D, can't member the rest.....

I like most REAL cheese, but that stuff that come in a bag on styrofoam and is neon orange is just revolting. <_< As I type I am munching on some shredded mozzarella yum yum yum…… :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife is lactose-intolerant, so cheese is usually not on the menu. I'm also not terribly fond of the stuff (I can't eat straight cheese, it grosses me out to try), so I can't say it's that great a loss.

That said, my favorite cheese is provolone.

I really like strange exotic cheeses that I have tasted but don't recall the names - not that I have had this many in the cheese wasteland called the US. I once saw this fascinating documentary about an American nun who travelled to europe to study the fine art of cheesemaking. She also discussed the barriers to making really great cheeses - namely the health regulations and bureaucracy here in the US - and the marked lack of cheese cultures and caves and such.

I love gorgonzola, brie, some fetas, queso fresco, super sharp cheddar, edam, gouda... thats all that come to mind right now :)

Very difficult question indeed. Phil, I'm very lucky, I get the good stuff imported around here. Italian Market. The fresh mozzarella is so good.

I like the Port Wine Cheddar. Pink Cheee? :lol:

My Dad took me to this huge cheese market this past summer and I almost gagged to death from the smell.

Latest posts