What species do you have?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't had a single mantis in over a year.

7 Creo picts (3 adult 4 nymph)

2 Ghost ( breeding pair, 3 ooths so far)

3 orchids (1 adult, 1 mating pair)

3 S. linolea (nymphs)

5 Blue flash (nymphs)

few dozen Chinese nymphs of assorted sizes

OMG!!! Are feeling okay Rick? Should i come by for a mantis intervention? :lol:
Haha. Less time and other hobbies interest me more at this time. In fact, all my mantis supplies are boxed and in the attic.

Haha. Less time and other hobbies interest me more at this time. In fact, all my mantis supplies are boxed and in the attic.
Does not compute, does not compute!!! Twitching uncontrollably! My head is about to explode!!! :lol:

I'll give you credit thought. I'm not sure i could ever take a break from mantids? I'm beyond addicted!

Oh, and to stay on topic add Stagmomantis californica to my list. I seen a nymph this morning in my incubation chamber. :)

*Shoots self in head*

LOL JK!

Seriously though... this does make sense. I've gone on insect hiatuses before as well. I actually started this hobby back in 2001. I stopped doing it basically in 2006. In 2010 I started getting interested in the hobby again. I found some cool beetles (lucanids and dynastids of different kinds) and then a few chinese mantids (tenodera sinensis. In 2011 I got more serious and started raising stag beetle larvae and I actually went to Florida in April/May to collect insects. I found various coleoptera and orthoptera as well as many other amazing arthropods (quite a few roaches were found in the mix!). I also saw 2 really bad condition Thesprotia graminis in spider webs near Lake Kissimmee. So after I returned home and mantid season neared I began to collect nymphs. Tenodera nymphs that is. Only a few made it to adulthood but oh well :p . It was a learning experience and I'm glad I had it. So anyways as late summer/early fall neared I found adult mantids in the wild (stagmomantis carolina and tenodera sinensis) so I kept those and paired them to produce oothecae. It went well for the most part (especially with Stagmomantis carolina) and I traded some oothecae with a member of Mantidforum.net for the first time and got Tenoera angustipennis and Mantis religiosa ooths. Now here I am... raising over 200 mantids probably! So yeah... It's all going pretty well! Who knows what will happen when I go into college. 0.o.

P.S.

I got my Popa spurca yesterday and they ROCK!

Latest posts