What's your least favorite insect?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you there, I have a phobia of crickets/grasshoppers. And Beetles. They jump and fly and are really unpredictable.... Though ironically I have a pet angel wing katydid right now because she was camped outside my door for 4 days straight seemingly begging to be saved from the impending freezing temps... I don't dare try to handle her though, lol.

Yep, same for me. I won’t kill them if avoidable, just hightail outta there, lol. They creep me out more than anything. I also have a female Stagmomantis limbata, and while I love her to death, she scares me to death too. Crickets also make me shudder.

Mosquitoes.  

Among pet insects, I'm not happy about Madascar hissing roaches.  I like almost everything else from Madagascar...

Ants. Just something about them and their swarming that gives me the willies. They are neat and all but I just can't. Might have something to do with the wars I had with them every summer as they tried to take over my kitchen.

Crickets are a close second just because They are horrid escaping stinky little disease vectors.

I'm pretty much fine with almost all insects. I'm fine with crickets and roaches, but not mosquitoes or biting stable flies. I'm fine with horseflies, but not those other biting flies!

Ants. Just something about them and their swarming that gives me the willies
I've never heard of anyone who dislikes ants that much  :no:

and my goodness I've seen those k leggy boys in my house before, screw those things  :2guns: get em out

Last edited by a moderator:
Crane flies!!!! Every summer when I forget to put up a net they come through the window, and if I'm on my phone or laptop they crash straight into my face and I can't deal

Ants. Just something about them and their swarming that gives me the willies. They are neat and all but I just can't. Might have something to do with the wars I had with them every summer as they tried to take over my kitchen.

Crickets are a close second just because They are horrid escaping stinky little disease vectors.
hy Tea , good to see you back on the forum.............. S

Only 2 bugs have messed with me enough to earn a spot on my bad side.

1. Mosquitos: They are literally good for nothing. I remeber 1 night at a friends I went to get a moth for my mantis and when I came back in I had about a dozen mosquito bites. The only thing they would able to do for me is be some extra mantis food, but they aren't even good for that due to how hard it is to catch them.

2. Box elder bugs: when I saw the first couple I thought they were pretty cool looking with their black and red color, but one can only take so many nights of feeling a slight itch in my arm to see that one of them was running around my arm. Mantises also don't like to eat them so that's another downside.

House centipedes, aka "turbo moustaches". Ugh. So fast!

1400945316090.jpeg

I know - they are so gross. When I first started seeing them, I flipped out. Then, I made my peace with them (well, they're in the basement). I still hate them, but I do eliminate them when I see them.