What's your least favorite insect?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100% house centipedes. Those speed moustaches are horrifying. Also American roaches. I can’t do it. I was at Disneyland once and one crawled out from under me. Then once I got off the ride it flew onto my head. Nope nope nope.

I would like to add green bottle flies. We have Too many flies here at my home. They are noisy while they are flying. Bah! try to catch them alive. You know my mantids love a fly as snack.

Hubby think I am crazy to catch them😁 flies must die off course. But like them to be eaten so their bodies feed my mantids. 😁

Crickets! Grey crickets, house crickets, whatever you want to call them! Stinky bastards is what I call them! XD

And also house centipedes, but only because the jerks like to fall on my head when I pass under doorways or in the basement, and it makes me crazy every time. It's happened twice this year already! I'm grateful for them though, because they eat the silverfish!

Well for least favorite inverts I have to say ticks, mosquitos, leeches, lice, bed bugs, chiggers, fleas, loa loa worms, roundworms, tape worms, hook worms, hair worms, really any parasitoid, especially if it's a worm and travels via blood stream (or effects your brain). I like normal worms, but something about a creature wiggling, curling/flipping around, breeding, growing, being longer than you can predict, under your skin, feeding off your tissue, causing chaos to your body, is simply unsettling. I have a love hate relationship with the giant weta, but as for insects the only one I truly dislike is the mosquito. And I don't know exactly why but I also hate those god dam Jerusalem crickets. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well for least favorite inverts I have to say ticks, mosquitos, leeches, lice, bed bugs, chiggers, fleas, loa loa worms, roundworms, tape worms, hook worms, hair worms, really any parasitoid, especially if it's a worm and travels via blood stream (or effects your brain). I like normal worms, but something about a creature wiggling, curling/flipping around, breeding, growing, being longer than you can predict, under your skin, feeding off your tissue, causing chaos to your body, is simply unsettling. I have a love hate relationship with the giant weta, but as for insects the only one I truly dislike is the mosquito. And I don't know exactly why but I also hate those god dam Jerusalem crickets. 
I keep jerusalem crickets 😆 

Latest posts