When should I change from fruitflies to a bigger kind of food?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hikari012

Reaction score
My Chinese mantis is currently at L4 and is still eating fruitflies. I'm having a big feeling that when he grows even bigger, he'll need to change to a bigger food. When should I change the type of food...and what kind of food should I give him? :blink:

Whenever you feel they can take a bigger food.

My Chinese mantis is currently at L4 and is still eating fruitflies. I'm having a big feeling that when he grows even bigger, he'll need to change to a bigger food. When should I change the type of food...and what kind of food should I give him? :blink:
My male took small-ish dragonflies at L5, so he should be alright with a transition. You will find that chinese will be fairly aggressive, I took him out one day as a subadult and he caught a lizard. ;)

use the size of half its body to determine food size..your mantis should be eating full size house flys now.

My male took small-ish dragonflies at L5, so he should be alright with a transition. You will find that chinese will be fairly aggressive, I took him out one day as a subadult and he caught a lizard. ;)
how did it catch a dragon fly? :blink: out side?

Latest posts