Where is everyone?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantidLord

Reaction score
Is it me, or does it seem like none of the older members are on the forum anymore. By older I mean they've been a member longer (or at least to my knowledge). I mean, when I first joined, there was Laemia, Joosa, Hyponera, Andrew, Asdsdf, Mantida, Matthew Whittle (or something), Precious, Krissim Claw, Macro Junkie, and a whole lot more! Obviously I'm excluding the mods, Yen, Hibiscumile, and Christian, but where the heck is everyone else!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it me, or does it seem like none of the older members are on the forum anymore. By older I mean they've been a member longer (or at least to my knowledge). I mean, when I first joined, there was Laemia, Joosa, Hyponera, Andrew, Asdsdf, Mantida, Matthew Whittle (or something), Precious, Krissim Claw, Macro Junkie, and a whole lot more! Obviously I'm excluding the mods, Yen, Hibiscumile, and Christian, but where the heck is everyone else!
yea, what a memory u have, I agree, where or what black hole have they all fallen into? Laemia, is still here, she just hasn't posted, but I talk to her all the time and she reads the posts, Laemia, show yourself Honey! ok that's one taken care of, now Krissim Claw is here, but I am keeping her busy drawing for me right now. Maybe when winter hits they will be back, they are all out playing or trying to find the way out of the Black hole!

I know Laemia has been on, but has been having soem problems in real life, Precious left, I miss her, but I have her giant asians to remember her by.

I've seen a couple of the others people, like Jossa... but a majority them seem to not be on.

And what the heck happened to Macro Junkie? I was offline for about a month and Havent seen him on here since.

My thoughts exactly. The forum seems a bit empty without them. :unsure: I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

You've been here a year. You don't know many of the OLD members who are now mostly gone. Sometimes I like to look at the member list by join date and see how many of the original group are still active here.

You've been here a year. You don't know many of the OLD members who are now mostly gone. Sometimes I like to look at the member list by join date and see how many of the original group are still active here.
Exactly, that's why I'm talking about the members who were active when I got here. I'm glad I'm still here though. Who is still from the original group and active anyway?

Lots of peolple have moved on, got new jobs, moved house, etc etc.

It's also quite a popular trend in forums, many of the large posters will have a period where they will post a lot, and then slowly drift off. It's perfectly common. (Without sounding like I'm giving the forum trends a diagnosis...)

Macro Junkie had issues regarding the language in his posts, and the situation developed a little, but he's still around. Most are actually.

Sorry for not being around too much anymore. I've gotten caught up with my carnivorous plant hobby. I'll be around for a long while to come, even if I do go through phases where I don't show my face very often.

With any luck I'll have some Idolomantis babies in about 2.5 months. :)

Stupid things are still subadults! <_<

Sorry for not being around too much anymore. I've gotten caught up with my carnivorous plant hobby. I'll be around for a long while to come, even if I do go through phases where I don't show my face very often.With any luck I'll have some Idolomantis babies in about 2.5 months. :)

Stupid things are still subadults! <_<
YAY!!! Looks like I was able to lure a couple of you guys back :D . I "talked" to asdsdf yesterday.

That's great Andrew, Man they grow really slow. How many breeding pairs do you have?

BTW, you don't have to apologize, I just thought the forum was feeling a little "empty". Good to know all is well with ya. ;)

Four males, two females. Couldn't ask for a better ratio. I don't think the cooler winter temperatures are helping them at all. ^^;

They were outside for a few nights where it was down into the mid 50s. They didn't seem to mind it though.

It's the same damn thing with every forum ever since Al Gore invented the internet.

You've only been a member a year.

This isn't a particularly old message board compared to many other crossroads on the web, and you're not a particularly old member.

Like a grain of sand in the desert.

This cliche topic occurs in every message board I've been a part of.