Where to get net cage

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alan2296

Reaction score
I am looking for a cube net cage, and was wondering where do you guys get your enclosures for your pets??? Maybe they'll have what i am looking for :D

educationalscience on ebay is the cheapest I've found and they're very well built.
s.gif

Be careful with some of those homemade cages. Don't use metal mesh.

16.5 x 16.5 x 30 in net cage is 14.99, $8 shipping, but 2 are only $9 for shipping?(educationalscience on ebay).

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer these as we house all our females in them singly http://educationalscience.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=6722&step=4&merchantid=4&repid=0&passwordstatus=passed We keep them in the green house and some of the more delicate species we placed the cages inside a few of our 70 gallon aquariums in order to control the temp and humidity inside the house. We have roughly 60 of them now but a friend and I are working on a series of strudy screen cages that are 8x8x16, 12x12x20 and maybe a larger one in order to create a stackable setup. Will post pics soon.

yeah overlapping mesh screens seem to be the chinese finger traps of doom for many mantis

Any mesh made of metal, metal fiber, or carbon fiber filament mesh is not advisable.
I've actually seen a difference in window screen both labeled as polimer at the hardware store. Some is like a fabric, it flops and folds and doesnt bend. And some is like metal, its hard, solid, and actually bends when I move it instead of just flopping around. I use the one thats more like fabric in my enclosures and havent had a problem so far.

As for net cages, how do you guys go about furnishing them? Im guessing you dont glue anything to it. What about the substrate?

Latest posts