Where you have lived and do now

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Well I was looking for a member in Colorado and seen that some of the members have and do live in Co, so it made me think where every one is from and now living, this could help with going out buging where you live and where you have lived. Giveing good buging grond's and helpful hints of catching, time of year to go buging

Im in Colorado P-town

danny

I've lived in the states of IL, KY, and NC. I have spent some time overseas as well. Ive found mantids in all three states. Mostly carolinas, and chinese but in addition to those we have brunners here in NC. I found chinese mantids in Korea too.

I live in Iceland :) Not so many exciting insects here, mainly the spiders.

ArkBlue, wow it is difficult to read your posts in that blue color, in some threads I have to click and drag my mouse over your text to be able to read the post, but somehow i can see your text fairly well here but mostly I can not. or maby it´s just my eyes. :unsure:

ArkBlue, wow it is difficult to read your posts in that blue color, in some threads I have to click and drag my mouse over your text to be able to read the post, but somehow i can see your text fairly well here but mostly I can not. or maby it´s just my eyes.
It happens sometimes to me to. :mellow:

ArkBlue, wow it is difficult to read your posts in that blue color, in some threads I have to click and drag my mouse over your text to be able to read the post, but somehow i can see your text fairly well here but mostly I can not. or maby it´s just my eyes. :unsure:
I have the same problem with your posts, Danny! :blink: See.... I told you before in a PM, lol! :p I always have to highlight your text just to be able to read it. And even then it's still difficult with the small size in this font too. Yeah, it's nice being different.... but truthfully it's a pain trying to read your posts! :( (sorry!!!! :unsure: :) )

Edit: Oh.... I'm in Illinois, and I've lived in several towns/cities in Illinois all of my life. (Except for when I was a kid, and would go live with my Dad for a few weeks each summer... Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Kentucky... wherever he was living at the time.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Well I was looking for a member in Colorado and seen that some of the members have and do live in Co, so it made me think where every one is from and now living, this could help with going out buging where you live and where you have lived. Giveing good buging grond's and helpful hints of catching, time of year to go buging[/SIZE]Im in Colorado P-town

danny

Ok now how about this?, and I don't see any dif skin Phil.

The box for changing the skin is right at the bottom of the page on the left next to "English."

Oh, and I forgot to say, I was born in London, England,spent the war in Sussex and came over here around '61 and lived most of the time in IL, but also in HA, CA and currently AZ. I think that the first praying mantis I saw was in Hawaii.

If you guys used the IP Board Pro you would be able to read it.

The box for changing the skin is right at the bottom of the page on the left next to "English."Oh, and I forgot to say, I was born in London, England,spent the war in Sussex and came over here around '61 and lived most of the time in IL, but also in HA, CA and currently AZ. I think that the first praying mantis I saw was in Hawaii.
Thanks, wow very much diffirence since I changed to IP borad pro! The green color on the orginal one you start with is very cool but this blue color I have now is much better to read off. I will keep this setting for sure.

Thanks, wow very much diffirence since I changed to IP borad pro! The green color on the orginal one you start with is very cool but this blue color I have now is much better to read off. I will keep this setting for sure.
Don't get too used to it as it is going away and the Euphoria will be the only option. I don't like it either.

Don't get too used to it as it is going away and the Euphoria will be the only option. I don't like it either.
But why?

Is it not possible to make a new Euphoria with lighter colors?

I know that in other forums it is possible to customize it.

And I was so happy to be finally able to read well this forum in stead of always kind of struggling. :(

I live in Sydney, Australia. Here be many types of mantids. I have found Gardens (O. ministralis), False Gardens (P. albofimbriata), Snakes (K. diademata) and Large Browns (A. latislaya) but I'm sure there are cryptics here somewhere.

Yes, that is better, Danny!
;) I don't have to highlight to read. :D I've noticed I can't read small print very well recently... a noticeable decrease in last 6 months or so... and getting more difficult it seems all of the time. I think I'm going to have to either keep my "cheaters" (cheap generic magnifying eyeglasses) glued to me for when I need them :rolleyes: , or go back to the eye doctor and get an exam for some real ones. :( Egads... is this what it means to be getting old?!! :huh:

Yes, that is better, Danny! ;) I don't have to highlight to read. :D I've noticed I can't read small print very well recently... a noticeable decrease in last 6 months or so... and getting more difficult it seems all of the time. I think I'm going to have to either keep my "cheaters" (cheap generic magnifying eyeglasses) glued to me for when I need them :rolleyes: , or go back to the eye doctor and get an exam for some real ones. :( Egads... is this what it means to be getting old?!! :huh:
It's all down hill from here, Katt. One of the first things that happens is that after a night out drinking, it's much harder to get up and go to work. Your vision begins to fade, and after a while, even new spectacles don't help. Instead of taking your psychedelic drugs at a rave and charging around singing to the band, you drop a tab in yr easy chair and admire the purple halo around "I love Lucy." Instead of saying, "Ouch! My back aches!" you say "My regular back ache isn't quite so bad today!" You start saying things like, "When I was a kid," and "Back in the Day."

Policemen start to look like schoolboys. The list goes on and on.

I know that it will happen to me in a decade or two, and frankly, I'm dreading it!

It's all down hill from here, Katt. One of the first things that happens is that after a night out drinking, it's much harder to get up and go to work. Your vision begins to fade, and after a while, even new spectacles don't help. Instead of taking your psychedelic drugs at a rave and charging around singing to the band, you drop a tab in yr easy chair and admire the purple halo around "I love Lucy." Instead of saying, "Ouch! My back aches!" you say "My regular back ache isn't quite so bad today!" You start saying things like, "When I was a kid," and "Back in the Day."

Policemen start to look like schoolboys. The list goes on and on.

I know that it will happen to me in a decade or two, and frankly, I'm dreading it!

[SIZE=12pt]So Phil <_< I take it if and when anyone is passing through Yuma thay need to pm you 2 find where the rave and the psychedelic drugs are :rolleyes: , or more my tast some pichers of a good beer like alaska amber and a cool band some B) "punk, ska, or swing, big band, or rock " ;) and you'll throw back a couple with whom ever pass through "ha ha" :lol: [/SIZE]

It's all down hill from here, Katt. One of the first things that happens is that after a night out drinking, it's much harder to get up and go to work. Your vision begins to fade, and after a while, even new spectacles don't help. Instead of taking your psychedelic drugs at a rave and charging around singing to the band, you drop a tab in yr easy chair and admire the purple halo around "I love Lucy." Instead of saying, "Ouch! My back aches!" you say "My regular back ache isn't quite so bad today!" You start saying things like, "When I was a kid," and "Back in the Day."Policemen start to look like schoolboys. The list goes on and on.

:) :lol: :D , Phil.

PS.... Thanks again, Danny, for enlarging your text!!! ;) :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts