Why the wiggle?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Observation: my mantid caught a cricket 3/4 its size by the bum & started eating its bum. The cricket curled around to take a bite out of my mantid. Mantid adjusted grip to clasped down on head & butt for safety reasons & commenced eating thorax.

Observation: my mantid caught a cricket 3/4 its size by the bum & started eating its bum. The cricket curled around to take a bite out of my mantid. Mantid adjusted grip to clasped down on head & butt for safety reasons & commenced eating thorax.
Now that my Chinese mantids are L4s, they're finally big enough to take down earwigs, which are abundant and annoying where I live. Two of my biggest ones simultaneously attacked earwigs, which tried to fight back with their posterior pinchers. Both mantids seemed to recognize the possible danger, because one immediately started chewing on the pinchers when they looked like a threat, while the other pinned the earwig to the foam floor of the cup like in a wrestling move - holding it flat so it couldn't twist its butt into pinching range - and went for the thorax. I know they're just bugs, but don't they seem smart? B)

Wait until your P. chlorophaea start dancing.... oh, and the shaking!!!
ROFLPoundingFloor.gif
LOL!!!! You will crack up! ;)
They are HILARIOUS to watch! Especially when I take them out near windows; they look like they're having seizures in the breeze! XD

Latest posts