Worrying about one of my little guys

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosh96

Reaction score
The larger of my two ghost mantises has been acting funny for the last two days or so. It's slow and not as responsive as it was a few days ago. I may want to mention that the other one is acting just fine, and that the big one has eaten a lot more than the smaller one. Could the big one just be acting sluggish because it's really full?

They do molt multiple times, im sure you know that.. I wouldn't be suprised if it's about to molt
What I'm getting at is that I didn't get my ghosts very long ago. And I kinda think it might have molted in the shipping container. I'll keep an eye out for the little guy and post any updates.

The more they eat combined with higher temps will speed up the growth process

She may have gorged herself, usually if my rhombo eats too much it will also get sluggish and maybe throw up a little, if youve witnessed black or brown dots running down the side of the container, a funky odor or if you fed a cricket moth or roach, you should clean the container thoroughly and mist with cool water for the next few days, colloidal silver is also reccommended as it may be a bacterial infection common in mantids, not really ghosts in particular though, flower mantids encounter this issue the most I believe

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor little guy died last night.. I'm thinking it may have been a bacterial infection.