Yet more I diabolica photos

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldnt resist :lol: lots of hissing but no clicks.

IMG_3784_edited-1.jpg

You definately need to be breeding those. I call dibs lol jk jk. Let me know if you get some available even ooths

My two adult females

IMG_3961.jpg

close up in water colour

watercolourll.jpg

Stalking, capturing and feeding on a crawling insect

Idiabolicapreyingonkatydid.jpg

Idiabolicapreyingonkatydidll.jpg

Idiabolicapreyingonkatydidlll.jpg

Idiabolicapreyingonkatydidllll.jpg

Idiabolicapreyingonkatydidlllll.jpg

Idiabolicapreyingonkatydidllllll.jpg

Idiabolicapreyingonkatydidlllllll.jpg

Wow!

Did she reach for it slowly or did you manage to catch the shot right at the moment she grabbed it?

Wow!Did she reach for it slowly or did you manage to catch the shot right at the moment she grabbed it?
sometimes mantids catch in one smooth motion, but sometimes they pause in the middle (as the prey is pinned to the ground, before hoisting it up into the air), which allows you to get a photo like that.

Dead on Mrblue,

I had my first male molt up to adult this morning, so i have both sexes now :D

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

Yeah, pity mine are a bit washed out!! the females any way, hopeing the males (due to different containers/heating methods) will be a bit greener :)

Happy happy happy :lol:

Idiabolicafemalelength.jpg

Idolomantisdiabolicacopulation.jpg

Idolomantisdiabolicacopulationll.jpg

Idolomantisdiabolicacopulationlll.jpg

Edit: They were mating at 7 this morning but they had seperated by the time i got home from work at about 11 this morning but they have since joined again :? dunno quite what that means?

This is the second joining this morning.

You might be able to make out another pair in the background, the male is creeping up on the female much like this pair were doing last night:

Idolomantisdiabolicacopulationlllll.jpg