You don't mess with Zohan

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yen_saw

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a new name for this dude. He is the adult male Texas unicorn (Ph. chlorophaea).

mad1-1.jpg

Oh my, Yen... the videos had me laughing out loud (literally). That one's a spunky guy, huh?!! I like your name for him. ;) ^_^

I've never had any of the males display threat poses to me yet. They usually just do the shaking thing... which never fails to crack me up! :lol:

wow! this guy is ferocious. i had a tenodera male like that once - displayed at anything that moved. in fact i often walked past his cage to see him threatening his reflection on the side of his deli container! :lol:

wow. they look so cool ive got 42 of these! (L1)
Watch out! you got 42 ferocious unicorn keeping you busy :lol: well they actually not as cannibalistic as Hierodula or Tenodera i keep them together until subadult. :)
That guy does look cool! It looks poisonous or like a wasp! Seems to be saying "Back off, man!" We have 3 of these - can't wait for them to become adults.
Yeah he is one hotheaded mantis! This is the threat display by one of the female back in 2007, she wasn't very happy with me trying to steal her ootheca!
mad1.jpg

Nice pics Yen!
Thanks Rebecca :)
Oh my, Yen... the videos had me laughing out loud (literally). That one's a spunky guy, huh?!! I like your name for him. I've never had any of the males display threat poses to me yet. They usually just do the shaking thing... which never fails to crack me up! :lol:
Haha Becky , yup they usually stretch the front legs out like a stick and shake to mimic a real wood stick which is cool. But you have definitely bred a monster male here it was from you :D i hope Zohan is not too shy when he meets up with females :)
wow! this guy is ferocious. i had a tenodera male like that once - displayed at anything that moved. in fact i often walked past his cage to see him threatening his reflection on the side of his deli container!
yup each mantis has each own "character" most male are timid but once a while there is a hot tempered one :)
Such a funny/overly ridiculous movie!
:D ops bummer just realized my voice was in the clip too :huh: hope it wasn't my voice that made this movie funny for you :lol:

Latest posts