Zoe's Rats

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZoeRipper

Reaction score
So now that you all know I'm running a very, very, VERY small rat rescue, I thought I might share some pix of my girls.

First up, Lady.

LadySleepy003.jpg

LadySleepy002.jpg

LadySleepy005-1.jpg

Now Bug.

zoe010.jpg

zoe011.jpg

zoe012.jpg

IMG_2400.jpg

And now my latest girl, Beauty!

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

beauty004.jpg

A little back-story on my girls.

Lady and Bug were my first rats, I adopted them from a lady off Craigslist who was keeping both of them in a 10-gal fishtank. WAYYYYY too small for even one rat. (I'm not gonna begin telling why fishtanks are bad for rats, I'd be here all day.) A few days later I bought a ferret cage off CL for them, quickly learned that they could escape from the 1" bar spacing, and quickly covered the whole thing with hardware cloth. They stayed in that up until the last days of March, or the first days of April, I forget.

Now they're in a single-unit Critter Nation cage, which looks like this:

IMG_2411.jpg

And now about Beauty.

Beauty was another CL rescue. She was a 6 y/o boy's pet after his dog died, she was also being kept in a 10-gal tank. (Amazingly, she doesn't have a respiratory infection.) The little boy lost interest in her after about a week, didn't feed her very often, and rarely changed her bedding. Now she's in Lady and Bug's old Ferret cage, getting used to the house, etc. Her next treatment for the mites is next week on Tuesday, then the week AFTER that I will introduce her to Lady and Bug.

Tadah! These are my girls.

Nice. I had a couple rats once. They do make good pets.

Awww, great ratties :)

Nice CN too. I have the hanging bird toy for my pigewon, he loves it. My rats don't care for jingly things though...

Are you using revolution for mites? Did you quarantine the new gal?

Yes, Beauty is still in QT and will be for about 2 more weeks. She got Ivermectin for the mites (my vet gave it to me for free, how awesome is she?).

Also, my girls seem to love jingly stuff. Especially at 4 in the morning :rolleyes:

Oh, I love having my rats right by me. I can usually tell if something's wrong just by listening, and my nakie rat is kinda sickly, she's soooo high-strung, she has stress-induced myco flare-ups frequently. So having her right there is good for her and me!

Latest posts