Zoolea sp.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More update on this forgotten thread. This subadult male should molt soon in less than a week.

subam1.jpg

subam3.jpg

Have a second look on the abdomen and found out that the male has 7 spikes instead of 6. Female has 5.

subam4.jpg

Andrew, this one is for you :D He molted sooner than I thought

am2.jpg

am5.jpg

am4.jpg

am1.jpg

am6.jpg

Now i am really looking forward for the female to molt. I am guessing in 2 weeks, but again i just don't know :unsure:

Acerbity, the pic you have there could be of different species, but are definately of Zoolea genus. :D

Andrew, this one is for you :D He molted sooner than I thought
am2.jpg

am5.jpg

am4.jpg

am1.jpg

am6.jpg

Now i am really looking forward for the female to molt. I am guessing in 2 weeks, but again i just don't know :unsure:

Acerbity, the pic you have there could be of different species, but are definately of Zoolea genus. :D
:blink: -bites tongue- Me wants! :p :lol: He is beautiful! Love the wings and the coloration.

Man, I really should start saving some money - I'll definatelly want this species in my collection. I do not know why, but this species has this magic about it, I have to have it!

Thanks Yen. :D Looks great! I take it the wings will need a few days to finish coloring up though?
The color on the wing stays after couple of hours. My camera is not good enough to capture the color pattern :( , it has really nice cross lines. :)

Gorgeous. Such a streamlined mantis shape, you have to hope the female molts error-free!
Touch wood Spawn. So far it is 100% molt error-free, have two adult male molted successfully. Looking forward for the female to molt. B)

With extra heat, female decided to molt into adult yesterday. Took a long 40 minutes for the female to fully stretch out the wing and it was midnight by then. yawn......

af5.jpg

af2.jpg

good size too

af3.jpg

and two molted out alright the same day

af6.jpg

af7.jpg

ABout the same Nola, male is usually more skittish than female for this species and also other species of praying mantis. adult female show no hesitation in showing threat pose when threaten, not running away like the adult male.

wow! they look so awesome! when i have enough space i gonna buy a unicorn :) hmm bud fist i,m going to try to find my escaped g asian back <_<

Latest posts