Hatching during shipment...grrrr

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually i have female matured into adult couple of days ago, which is only just 12 days since the first adult male matured, so cooling down the male is not necessary at all. Infact, i still have few subadult male left, but most other male has matured into adult. The color on wings (adult male) has shown up Morpheus, it is beautiful :) I didn't measure the size MJ, wouldn't want my room filled up with all the flies ;) However, i did take a short movie clip when two of my adult female just moulted out right, and for that i had at least 20 flies escaped :D

This reminds me of my troubles with the flys, I have a ninja cat who takes care of a few but its left up to me and the chop stick (mr Miagi style) for the rest, oh and any off the recent Giant asian escapees living on the ceiling.

Oh and btw if your gonna breed crickets and some one tells you that you dont need a lid for the container, aslong as they cant jump out... dont listen to them, they are very capable of flying at adult, hance me flat/cat being full of them. :(

Im not sure if this is too big, sorry...

IMG_0002.jpg

This reminds me of my troubles with the flys, I have a ninja cat who takes care of a few but its left up to me and the chop stick (mr Miagi style) for the rest, oh and any off the recent Giant asian escapees living on the ceiling.Oh and btw if your gonna breed crickets and some one tells you that you dont need a lid for the container, aslong as they cant jump out... dont listen to them, they are very capable of flying at adult, hance me flat/cat being full of them. :(

Im not sure if this is too big, sorry...

IMG_0002.jpg
wow your cat looks exactly the same as mine!

Oh boy!! lots of cute "meow" here :lol: that's probably what i need too to get rid of all escape flies, but in the process i might lose all my mantis too :p i have a stick mantis stepped and chewed to death by a friend's cat, i think cat has an instinct to pounce on any moving object smaller than itself.

Just an update, i have more adult pairs now and still keeping them together, mismoulting on the last moult is still an issue, i have 30-40% that couldn't make it or with messed up wings but the rest are doing alright, still have some subadult left and still keeping them together, no cannibalism witness. I'm checking them few times a day and hopefully there is mating in near future.

Sorry Morpheus i haven't had a chance to take the pic on them recently, mainly don't wanna disturb them and try not to let my already bugs infested room fill up with more flies ;) But honestly, they appear to be very clumpsy walking on any other surface except for stick so don't wanna mess up their legs.

Latest posts