For you aquarium Lovers.....

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bug Trader

Reaction score
So here is another idea I wanted to show off for those of you who are hands on. I have been working on different setups for screen door kits for aquariums, As far as I know this has not been done before these screen door vert kits are the first. This is for a 10 gallon stood upright.

Michael

10 gal vert screen kit 001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, I tried to toss some duct tape in there it just didnt work out. These are actually really cheap to make and if you get your aquariums at the petco $ per gallon sales its well worth the idea.

Great idea. I saw some window screen fixtures at the hardware store that could easily be converted for use as a lid this way.

Now if only I had room for more enclosures...

Do you have a picture of it installed?

It's a great idea though I notice I have a number of different tens that are slightly different in dimensions and you'd want it to fit inside the plastic frame perfectly so if someone has a different brand or year than the one you're using it wouldn't fit.

Um, I think he's just showing us an Idea for you to make with your own two hands with your own dimensions that you calculate? Sharing a Idea I believe, not so much a sales pitch? (and of coarse a bunghole would be added for feeding, lol) :)

They mount to the aquarium frame with simple RTV gasket silicone. They only cost me $4-$5 to make so add that to the price of a 2,5, or 10 gallon and they are a great project for anyone who wants a rack of identicle humidty controllable vivs.

I actually like these far more than the cages due to the possible temp control by laying heat tape under each row of aquariums as well as the humidity factor. If your capable of drilling glass you can mount misting nozzles in the tops of all the aquariums and go automated.

Michael

10 Gal Screen Door Kit 007.JPG

10 Gal Screen Door Kit 008.JPG

10 gallon truncata nymph cage, I mounted a fitted screen into the top of the aquarium for added surface grip.

Truncata cage 002.JPG

Truncata cage 004.JPG

Truncata cage 006.JPG

Truncata cage 007.JPG

Now that is perfect! I really need one of those . Can the lid lift off gently as well as using the hinges to protect rooftop molters while cleaning and feeding? I really like this idea alot.

Latest posts