10 gal vert Chinese Nymph Viv

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geckoguy

Reaction score
So here is my 10g vert that I have had planted for about 8 or 9 months and I plan on raising the nymphs from a Chinese Ooth in. It is not as over grown as i looks that arrow plant just makes it look jam packed I have to trim it pretty regularly it grows so fast. But there are a few broms in there, some creeping fig taking over nicely, and earth star, and some tillys. It seeded with spring tails and there are a few other random bugs hanging out in there too. I plan on adding a canopy of hanging branches and other sticks and some new leaf lotter to make it more mantis friendly. Also maybe some mesh to the top glass I have read they like to hang out on it, but not sure if that is really necessary yet? I have about 74 degree temps at the glass on top which will be lower I need to move the light up a little higher. The humidity is around 50 to 90 percent depending on how recently I have misted it. So let me know what yall think i should do to improve upon the habitat. And thanks to everyone for the warm welcome to the board!

MantisViv006.jpg

I just realized I put this in the wrong section if a Mod would be so kind as to move it for me... sorry I noobed up you board already ;)

I also would personally hatch some other type of ootheca. Maybe one of the more communal species so you can just let them grow up in there. Is it fruit fly proof?

ok then perhaps I will go with a tropical species. Wanted chinese and ordered them so I could release them after they grew up, but I I can always make a new home for them. And yes the enclosure is FF proof, it was originally designed to house PDFs. Thanks for all the comments any other suggestions besides ghosts as a good species for this environment?

Latest posts