2 Species of Walking Sticks

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Barta

Reaction score
I have purchased a pair of Malaysian Spiny Walking Sticks and a pair of Giant Spiny Walking Sticks. They are at 70 degrees, water is dripped in the enclosure twice daily, and they have fresh ivy to eat. They are in a screened enclosure 36" wide by 24" tall by 18" deep, and is filled with branches for climbing. The floor is a fine mesh heavy screen.

Is there anything I am missing? To facilitate egg laying, do I need to have dirt, coconut bark, or something else for them to lay in?

Thanks for your help!

Well your common name could of described about 70 varied species :lol:

Have you got any pics? english names practicly useless with phasmids

Ahh thats better, have a look at my phasmid pics http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6818

If your overs spiny and from malaysia it could be a jungle nymph,

For the Eurycantha`s, they like it humid and a lot of humidity can produce some interesting colour morphs, ive had jet black and red ones now, and yep they need about 2-3 inches of coconut fibre or sad for the female to lay her eggs in , hatch rate`s pretty low but the survival`s high, and they probably want touch they ivy, try giving them bramble and guarva

Ahh thats better, have a look at my phasmid pics http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6818If your overs spiny and from malaysia it could be a jungle nymph,

For the Eurycantha`s, they like it humid and a lot of humidity can produce some interesting colour morphs, ive had jet black and red ones now, and yep they need about 2-3 inches of coconut fibre or sad for the female to lay her eggs in , hatch rate`s pretty low but the survival`s high, and they probably want touch they ivy, try giving them bramble and guarva

Thanks for the info, the pics you have are not the other species, i will get it's scientific name.

well eurycantha calcarata needs a bigger tank must be 40 tall 40 wide and 40 deep 4 a group of 10 they like tocrawl around the ground. you must have a bottom of 6 cm deep so the females can lay there eggs.

Latest posts